Author Topic: 42 weeks tomorrow!  (Read 268 times)

Offline AJ88

• View Profile
42 weeks tomorrow!
« on: October 04, 2013, 08:45:00 am »
Yep, little man couldn't be happier inside me!

So I have to ring the hospital about induction at 8am tomorrow. I'm in the uk, does anyone know if that's for them to tell me if they've actually got space for me or not? Because I will be gutted if they tell me I have to wait any longer!

Offline Xxmisssnooksxx

• View Profile
Re: 42 weeks tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 10:08:54 am »
They shouldnt be making you wait any longer!! 42wks is maximum baby can stay in there, any longer n they are putting your baby at risk. Im in the uk n my hospital dont let you go over by 10days. When you ring them make sure you demand to be induced. They should of gave you a date to be in not a date to ring them!! Thats disgusting xx

Offline AJ88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 10:25:01 am »
Well I'm not 100% sure what's happening that's why I was asking. I *think* I'm booked in for induction tomorrow, I just don't know why I have to call in the morning and that was the only thing I could think of. Like, obviously they only have so many beds and what if there are emergencies or lots of people come in over night in labour, they wouldn't be able to keep a place for me would they?

And I know they're really busy at the moment because they originally said they couldn't fit me in until Monday, I would have been +16 so I've already had a bit of a fight to get in tomorrow, I'm up for a fight but if there are no beds there's not a lot I can do.

Got to love the NHS!

Offline Bubsa#1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 12:23:19 pm »
Hey AJ Hun your Bub surely is comfy.
I'm in AUS and they don't like u to go over 10 days over your due date.
Hospitals are ridiculous. Since u have to ring them they need to know your situation and that u need to be a priority not just put aside and given another date, your doc or midwife should be trying to get u a bed. In my case I was induced due to high blood pressure and a day early as they were inducing 3 other ladies the nxt day I felt like an inconvenience. 
Don't feel like u r your just as important as anyone else . I was only sent home 3 days later due to them needing my bed not because they were happy with my health or my sons. I had the worst experience at the hospital.