Author Topic: Long term TTC Buddies please  (Read 37982 times)

Offline Sherry9

• View Profile
Long term TTC Buddies please
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:41:01 AM »
Hi Guys, I really enjoy the forum on period diary. The problem is that there are one page posts through out and its hard to keep up with posts. Anyone wanna buddy up? I am on here daily and am looking to communicate regularly. The TTC journey is not an easy one and I would appreciate support. I am also ready to give any support I can.

Offline Sherry9

• View Profile
Re: Long term TTC Buddies please
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 02:43:26 AM »
About me: I'm Shaz and I am going into my 3rd month of TTC now. I am 28 and been married for a year. I am currently on CD4 and tomorrow will my last day of AF this cycle, so I will be going on to the BD phase lol

Offline MissJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 03:55:38 AM »
Hi, we're on month 22 of ttc. We've had some basic testing. I ovulate, but have endo and adenomyosis. My bf has low motility, but seems to have normal sperm in other ways (as we found out today), so it's not all bad. If we haven't got our BFP by Jan 2014 we'll start fertility treatment. So we're on a race to the finish line.

For a while there I was very negative about our prospects, but after dramatically changing my diet I've had some positive changes (reduced endo pain) my view has come back. I'm now hopeful we won't need further fertility support.

Fingers crossed we get our BFP soon

Offline Sherry9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 04:02:00 AM »
Hi MissJelly! You have had a roller coaster ride. I'm glad things are looking up for you and FX you make the January deadline. Keep up the positive energy and baby dust to us both :-)

Offline MissJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 04:20:22 AM »
Yeah it has been for sure, but I'm feeling more positive now than I have during this whole process.

Please feel free to inbox me if you're ever wanting to chat or vent. I'm here most days too.

Offline MissJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 04:22:16 AM »
I should add that I'm at cd 6 and normally o between cd 14-16. So we're in similar places in our cycle. My cycle is usually 28 days.

Offline Sherry9

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 05:00:06 AM »
Awesome, I will definitely email if need to. Glad to have found someone to chat to regularly. This forum can get a little lonely. So do you use OPKs to estimate ovulation? I am not yet using them, might start next month if I'm still in. I have a 31 day cycle, and I think I usually O around day 17 or 18, not too sure.

Offline MissJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »
We haven't bothered with OPK's coz I'd get pain leading up to and during O, but now that I've been able to stop the pain through diet we are going to start using OPK's.

With the low motality issue we'll also try sperm safe lube, which we haven't really bothered with. So BD'ing during O, we'll also avoid saliva coz apparently it can kill or stop sperm doing its job.

Offline Mvs01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 04:14:43 PM »
Hiya! I've been TTC/NTNP for 6 months now. I'm on cd 27 - but I think I may get AF late as I Oed on cd19 which I think is a few days late. Tested this morning and bfn - not unexpected though. I'm usually 29/30 day cycles but in the last few months AF has been 3 and 5 days late (I think stressing re AF didn't help any).

I'm 33 so I'm getting a bit old (bf is 39) and getting a bit worried re fertility issues. I've been to dr and got paperwork for first lot of blood tests. Can't have tests done until cd2-7 but FX I won't need the tests after this month :)

I've been having weird dull like cramps the last 1.5 days. Kinda like AF cramps but duller - after 6 months of disappointment I'm trying to not read into it too much (but it's difficult not too!).

I'm usually lurking around this forum - it's helps with the daily bus commute! :)

FX and ✨✨baby dust xx

Offline welekevu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 04:45:15 PM »
Hey Ladies. Im J. My stats:
Im 29
Married 2 years
4 step children
TTC for 6 months
Anemic
History of dysfunctional uterine bleeding
Came off BC in April
Now on Provera as Ive had no AF since July
Having saline infusion ultrasound to see if I have a uterine polyp
Doc says polyp can function like IUD, so if there is one, it must been removed

Thanx for making this thread. Lord knows I need the support!

Offline Safe83

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »
Hi! We are currently in our 26th month TTC...over 2 years! Yep, never thought I would be in this situation!

After 10 months I fell pregnant but at my 12 week scan I found out our baby had stopped growing at 9 weeks. Had a D & C and then after another 6 months started more tests. Found out I have a low egg reserve which means there's no time for mucking around.

4 months ago I started clomid. I did 2 cycles of clomid, 50mg cd5-9 with ovidril trigger, follie scans and timed intercourse. This drastically thinned my lining to the point where I barely had an AF. So FS switched me to Puregon. Started on 50ui starting cd2. Follie scan cd11, body hasn't responded so upped dose to 60ui until cd14 when we triggered and also did our first round of IUI which was also unsuccessful...which brings us to now.

We had to skip treatment this cycle as we went on holidays for 3 weeks. I'm currently cd38 and waiting patiently for AF to arrive so we can start our next cycle of IUI. FS is starting me on 60ui straight up this time. Wishing it would hurry up! I don't have very regular cycles unless I'm on medication so don't really know when I'm due but the longest cycle I've ever had was 38 days so expecting it any moment.

This whole process has been very tiring, emotionally and physically. Stress has caused other medical issues and I find myself never wanting to BD these days. Even around O time I pretty much have to force myself. Such a horrible feeling. I just want this to be over and have my baby!!

Offline Mvs01

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
Hi wele, I have a friend that recently had surgery for polyp. She said that once she had the surgery it should all be good (she's 36).

Hi Safe, sounds like you've had a though time! Fx AF comes soon so you can get on with next months treatment!

✨✨baby dust xx

Offline Sherry9

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 01:30:57 AM »
Hey ladies! Welcome to the thread.
@MissJelly all the best with this cycle. It seems you are doing everything you can to maximize your chances, FX you get your BFP.
@Mvs My AF also starts late since I started TTC so I'm trying to stop stressing too much because my cycle was regular and all of a sudden went weird. Plus I suffer from iron deficiency anemia from time to time, and that messes up my cycles.
@Wele, I am so sorry about your loss hun. You have been through a lot, and I admire that you are still trying what you can and getting all the medical help you can. Don't give up, it will be so worth it when you get your bundle of joy. And you are getting some good experience with the step kids :-)

Offline Sherry9

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 01:34:54 AM »
Oops correction, the post that says Wele is for you Safe, hope AF shows soon so you can start with the next cycle :-). my my my  i messed up the whole post. Welcome Wele, how old are the step kids?
Today is my last day of AF so have to get BDing in the following weeks. I get so tired with work sometimes, don't feel like BD but we have to do what we can I guess. GL to all of us and hope we get our BFPs.

Offline welekevu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 04:08:59 AM »
Stepkids are 19,18,12,5! I love them so much, but I am ready for a child of my own, one that my husband and I truly share and that further strengthens and expands our family. It can be hard at times with the kids around and wanting my own sooo much