Author Topic: Any other riders out there?  (Read 641 times)

Offline Rosie77

• View Profile
Any other riders out there?
« on: May 07, 2015, 05:07:31 PM »
just wanted to start a conversation about riding. I have been riding for two years, I go to a riding school and they chose me and seven others to go to the national riding schools finals which has been my best experience ever. I love to jump anything, I came 9th out of 35 in a showjumping competion.
What is your riding story or do you have any tips for any aspiring riders?

Offline BeeBabyAus

• View Profile
Re: Any other riders out there?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 08:54:53 PM »
Hi,
Lovely to see another horse mad person!
I've been riding for about 18 years, absolutely love it!
Only advice I really like to give is to make sure you are confident in how you ride.
There will always, always be people who tell you that you're not doing something right but if you feel comfortable, the horse feels comfortable and it's working- stick to it!
Over the years I've done everything from pony club to show jumping, hacking to camp drafting and just plain stock work at home on our farm.
Let the horses tell you what's going on. Always look for signs in their ears and how they feel underneath you.
If something doesn't feel right or they start acting up and it's out of their character, get it checked out by someone.

Have fun!

Offline Anoniem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 06:56:49 AM »
Here's one to!
I've been riding for 5 years know but I most likely do natural horsemanship. I like riding but don't actually do it that often. Most of the time I'm next to my arabian stallion

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 06:56:49 AM »

Offline Oxann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 09:53:19 AM »
Oh great I thought I was the only person riding on here ;)
Anyways, Im 22 and have been riding since I was 6 (for around 16 years now). I do mainly competing in show jumping and make my income by breaking in and training young horses into show jumpers. I used to have 5 show junpers of my own, but one gelding was put down about a month ago due do breaking his shoulder (he slipped in his box on his bedding and hit the wall whilst falling, there was nothing we could do). So I now own 4 show jumpers, 2 stallions, a gelding and a mare. I am currently pregnant and I dont ride them at the time, so my sister trains and competes with them for me. Next year (2016) will be quite eventful for us since there are many upcoming showd.

Offline Oxann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 09:59:39 AM »
For the tips, well, I have a few.
You and your horse are a team, but you are the team leader. You must have dominance over your horse (it sounds harsh but its basically the truth) in order to get it to obey your orders. This doesnt mean you should underestimate your horse-remember-you two are a team.
And one last tip: no matter what, when you walk out of the riding ring (after a competition, training or just a lesson, on or by your horse) pat your horse and thank it for not killing you. Cause I think you all know he could have.

Offline .:clair.de.lune:.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »
I've been riding for around 8 or 9 years now :)

Offline Lola3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 08:41:53 AM »
I ride once every few years! Love horses but nothing professional :)

Offline Youngblood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 07:55:57 PM »
Horses are my passion I read all about them and I love to learn about them I have ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to take up horse riding in competitions or even just have lessons but my parents won't let me:(:(:( I even love on a horse farm (it doesn't belong to us just in my neighborhood) but I don't spend time there cause it makes me sad knowing that all the people there own horses. I used to want to be a jockey but I grew too tall. I could still be a steeple chaser though. That would be fun!

Offline LlamaGurl4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 01:55:31 AM »
Its funny that I came across this today cause I just went for a ride this morning!! I ride motorbikes.... I love the feel of sitting on an engine and being totally in control!! I also love going fast!!! I live in a farm so dad made a track for us a couple of years ago. I am also known to go for a fang at 70kmph down the road outside our house up to the people that live down the road and to the school that is like 1 kilometer away to get the mail that sometimes ends up there. I just love cars and motorbikes!!

Offline Kayla17

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 09:26:11 PM »
My last name is rider! Haha :)