Author Topic: Best friend becomes a stranger  (Read 74 times)

Offline Lollipop090

• View Profile
Best friend becomes a stranger
« on: November 04, 2015, 01:15:32 AM »
Hi, I have been friends with J since we were 5 and 6 years old in pre-k/elementary school. We are (used to be) sort of like foil characters, compliment each other's personalities. She's very outgoing but I'm introverted (I can be silly too). Well, we are now teenagers and our lives have changed so much. Our grade has cliques and we were not part of any groups. Now, she's in the popular group. How can us girls be so close like sisters growing up in childhood not talk anymore? I don't even know how or why she doesn't like me. We rarely argued (I'm quiet and don't get angry) but it was about little things. All best friends get into arguments and it goes away. She ignores me and doesn't even say hi. This is so frustrating. I didn't do anything and it's like I'm invisible. I really want to talk to her about it but I want to avoid getting mad at her. Should I just move on from this?Please respond, Thanks.

Offline XCharlieX

• View Profile
Re: Best friend becomes a stranger
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 03:02:41 AM »
Unfortunately,  this is pretty normal.  Same thing happened to me when I was younger. It's just part of growing up. The friends u had when u were 5 probably weren't the same friends u had at say 13. U may keep the sake friends through the rest of school but they probably won't be the same friends u have at 18. ... and the friends at 18 won't be the same as the ones u have in your mid twenties.  There may be a couple of course but it's pretty normal as u go through different stages of your life. I am 28 now and am only in real contact with 3 of my "best" friends I had in school