Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 55598 times)

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #3480 on: September 15, 2018, 01:22:09 PM »
I agree Angela. I was referring to the way they have handle settlegirl not you. In your care all has been positive. But as far as settle has explained all procedures haven’t been the right ones at this stage. The second she was in there should have done an ultrasound if she had or not a Mc. Bloods will show and the way the lady referred to her was me being upset about.

I lived in London for 6 months many years ago. And never Had to deal with docs there. I don’t think they have been clear with settle cuz I don’t understand either what’s going on.

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: September 15, 2018, 01:45:21 PM »
Ok so I’m from the uk.
I had light bleeding all yesterday but it was only when I was wiping so I got concerned and rang the GP they was like someone will get back to you by 3 noonw got back to me rang again at one no one got back to me rang again at 3 tell told me to go A&E so I get to A&E I’m waiting hours so I decided right il go for a wee because I’m going to be waiting ages yet. So as I’m in toilet my name gets shouted my partner tells me and I go to the room and she asks for my urine sample I was like I haven’t been asked to give one and she was like I thought that’s what you was doing I was like no no one told me to do any sample I just needed toilet so she got all agitated and said there’s no communication in this place. So she said drink all this and go to the lady on the end when you’ve done it so I literally downed three bottles of water and went to wee in it. I rushed it as well because I knew she was waiting for I take my sample to the other lady and I said oh Iv done my sample she said well where is it so I went to fetch it and she said well what’s your name how am I meant to know who’s wee it is if I don’t have your name I was like alright then Jesus so they took that away and did a pregnancy test on it

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: September 15, 2018, 01:47:23 PM »
so when she shouted me into the room she said test is negative there is no further action I was like WHAT? I had a positive first thing is morning she was like well you must have lost it today then but there’s no more action bye. And smiled at me. I couldn’t quite get over it. Everything was going through my head like how could it happen so soon. Just like that. Would my wee not be very diluted from all the water anyway I thought she’s a professional she won’t be wrong so I went home and cried

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: September 15, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »
Then this morning something told me to do some pregnancy tests so I did I did two and they where the brightest I had ever had them and I mean brightest so that was it I was determined to get answers so I went back to the hospital I took my first morning urine with me and my two tests I said I want a second opnion something is not right so another nurse saw me at A&E and I explained everything to her. She went on to explain how bad primary care is and that even thought there here attached to hospital there nothing to do with us and they get so many complaints and so many things wrong! She looked at my tests and was like your 100% pregnant but I’m going to take this urine and test it again and send you off for a blood test so she tested the urine she same back to see me and was like darling your deffo pregnant look how bright this is so I wanted for my blood test results and I got to see a doctor and the doctor looked at my bloods and confirmed I was pregnant and primary care shouldn’t have made me drink all that water because that certainly has an effect being early as I am and they should have also done a blood test because not all pregnancy’s are picked up by a pee stick they pointed me in the direction of how to put a formal complaint against this women and how wrong she was in her actions and behaviour xx

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: September 15, 2018, 01:55:15 PM »
They said my bloods for pregnancy was very high and because Iv had no cramping and I didn’t have a high amount of blood only when I wiped and with the tests they have done they was 100% happy I was pregnant and nothing bad was happening. They didn’t feel any need to do a scan the doctor said the tests would have been indeed messed up with all the water I drank because to have a miscarriage I need to have a heavy bleed with clots and he said I would know if I was having one even so early because the cramps that come with it but Iv had no pain and Iv not had a lot of blood and because it wasn’t fresh blood xx

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: September 15, 2018, 01:55:43 PM »
The previous nurse just assume I had MC and sent me on my way xx

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: September 15, 2018, 02:06:41 PM »
Right. Yes I agree you have been treated badly and I am very sorry about that. I see what you meant now Missdyan and I agree. But not everyone is bad here. Luckily i think majority are quite sensitive and compassionate.

Generally spotting in early pregnancy is normal as long it’s not fresh blood but it is always something that needs checking. In my case the 2 day spotting with brown blood were the days when my baby passed away. And i let it go when it happened as i thought well this is normal. Going forward if you ever need to go To hospital I would push for the scan as blood tests can’t be definite. You could have high hcg with missed mc for example. Anyway, i am sorry you had to go through such a stressful time but very glad it all ended well. If you have any troubles it’s best to ring early pregnancy unit in your hospital. Has your gp referred you to a midwife yet? Where in uk were you from again?

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: September 15, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »
My GP isn’t intrestested in me till I’m 8 weeks, I have to book a midwife appointment on the 5th of October when I’m 8 weeks which then she will book my scan the hospital have said there happy with everything they have reviewed and arnt worried. But they said any bleeding at all in future to come back straight away I will keep an eye how ever with my tests over next week week but this mornings was the brightest Iv ever had even a strip test picked it up. Nurses said there was no reason for her to suggest MC at all. So there back me up on a complaint on what they have reviewed xx

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: September 15, 2018, 02:16:01 PM »
I live in Nottinghamshire and I go to kings mills hospital in Mansfield it’s quite shocking Tbh it’s not first bad thing we’ve had my mother in law was dying with pancreatic cancer and they left her in the hall way for ages when she eventually got a room, she got moved out of it for someone to over drank one night! And was critical so she was back in the corridor again but she did get a room in the end to pass away in peace we already have a law suit against the hospital for that my other half wants us to go to Nottingham QMC instead as he doesn’t feel happy with the kings mill one we’ve been going too. Because of all the previous heart ache and now this

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: September 15, 2018, 02:25:04 PM »
Your gp isn’t right with doing this. All he needs to do now is to notify midwife that you are pregnant and she will send you a date with your first appointment. Once you have your first appointment with midwife which will be between 8-10 weeks if not slightly later only then you will be referred for a dating and nt scan. If your gp is gonna wait until 8w to refer you to midwife you are running a risk to get the tests too late as some tests can only be done at specific times. During your midwife appointment she will ask which hospital you want to be referred to for scans and birth and this is the appointment where you can say that you want qmc. Both city and qmc hospitals are good for antenatal appointments. My friend that is due any time now is with city. I personally will go for qmc as if my husband can’t give me a lift to hospital i can get there by tram. I will post you later a number how to ring early pregnancy unit in qmc if you ever need it.

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: September 15, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »
When I rang my GP they didn’t want anything to do with me until I was 8 weeks and I asked a few of my friends if this was right 3 of them actually because there all pregnancy and all same thing happened to them there GP wanted nothing from them until they was 8 weeks xx

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: September 15, 2018, 02:29:10 PM »
All three of my best friends ones due this week one due in jan and other one has had hers they all said GP didn’t want anything to do with any of them till they was 8 weeks and then go from there xx

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: September 15, 2018, 02:32:10 PM »
Both times with my pregnancy i was referred to midwife by my gp straight away. It took about 2 weeks to receive letter from midwife with a date for appointment which i had to wait for another 2 weeks. So it’s not that fast of turnaround. With my first pregnancy i saw midwife when i was just over 9w based on lmp and this time round i am seeing her just before 9w based on lmp. Last time i had to wait another 2-3w for an nt scan with a hospital. A cut off to get clear nt scan results is 13+6 but i would say that even at 13 can be too late as if baby has turned around it won’t give you enough time to rebook another scan. Don’t let your gp slow down referral as all they need to do is just midwife know so they can pencil you in now. We do have midwife shortage in this country and waiting times for appointments can be long so need to get there early!

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: September 15, 2018, 02:34:12 PM »
GP won’t want to do with you at any stage of the pregnancy, he is not the one who will do your antenatal appointments. All he needs to do is send a referral to midwife who will then give you appointment at the right time. All they need to to in reception is to fill a form and post it off...

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: September 15, 2018, 02:36:35 PM »
Well this is what I thought but same again for me and all my friends my GP won’t and didn’t refer any of us until we rang again at 8 weeks xx