Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 55592 times)

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #3510 on: September 18, 2018, 12:40:36 AM »
Oh angelafox, I’m not good pain at all. When I had my baby, turned out to be very painful. Everyone is different. I got the drip to increase contractions because I was losing my water and my contractions were not good enough, that drip makes it super painful even with an epidural.

In fact I don’t see myself pregnant again. I do t know why. But I have the feeling this might be our only child.

Here private system can be expensive too. For example to get good insurance, you have to open your wallet up and loose some cash. But later then it pays off. Here tests are extremely expensive but with insurance you don’t pay anything.

By the way. My sister in law is pregnant with fraternal twins. :) she took some drugs to help her release eggs and now she’s 8 weeks. When you do ivf in the uk do you have treatments like this? It took her around 9-12 months but finally got pregnant.

Let’s hope they stick. So far she’s on bed rest for now.

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: September 18, 2018, 12:41:19 AM »
My sister in law is 42

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: September 18, 2018, 12:58:03 AM »
Yes you can have anumber of different treatments for free if you have been referred for fertility clinic. Each couple can have a different treatment and need to meet different criteria for different treatments. My friend had 3 free medicated iui treatments but she never qualified for ivf, luckily iui worked. But these treatments most of the time are only free if you don’t have children and there are some other criterias.

I think I am quite good with pain. I mever had any painkillers when I had to have medical management amd d&c with my miscarriage. I know birth will be more painful, but I am ready for it. I want to go to hypno birthing classes as long this pregnancy goes well. Obviously, we are not making plans just yet.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: September 18, 2018, 02:20:02 AM »
Hi guys glad to see everyone is doing okay.
Yes Missdyan here you can get free treament if eligible but it is due to come to a end soon but no set date yet. I am lucky and was awarded 3 free cycles of IVF and unlimited FET during them cycles. You have to sign documents so say they can not put more then two embryos back in but you have medication to get as many eggs out as possible. They are the fertilised and graded to see what stage which are more likely to stick.
I’m back at the clinic for a scan tomorrow and realised I basically can’t do anything to help my body be ready. I tried red grapes and pomegranate juice yesterday but then was told pomegranate juice does lower estrogen which I need but thickens lining which I need to be thinner. Still slightly spotting but not enough that I would notice if I wasn’t looking. Anyone know anything I can do to thinnen my lining as I can’t get a acupuncture session in either.

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: September 18, 2018, 08:07:40 AM »
I booked an early scan when I’m 8 weeks! So all fingers crossed everything goes well xx

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: September 18, 2018, 09:42:46 AM »
Good for you Settledgirl!

Online Mahw22

• View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: September 18, 2018, 12:25:31 PM »
I'm on cycle day 24 and can't help but feel like I'm already out this month. I have all my normal symptoms of af and don't feel like I did with my mc. There is always next month! I just have to stay positive. Anyway, it's  crazy to read about the differences in healthcare from place to place. I am always amazed at the different regulations that each country has and how they affect care.

Online Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: September 18, 2018, 12:42:49 PM »
Listen to this! My bleeding started again this morning! It’s only when I wipe but it’s stoll happening called hospital they don’t wanna know they have classed it as normal, I rang early pregnancy unit there same , and Iv rang to get in my GP to get referred for an even earlier scan! Because that’s what early unit said the GP can’t even get me in even under the circumstances

Online Mahw22

• View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: September 18, 2018, 01:11:49 PM »
Settledgirl as long as the bleeding isn't accompanied by extreme cramping and bright red blood with clots I wouldn't stress too much. It can be normal for some women to spot in early pregnancy. I worked with a woman who had normal periods and found out she was 5 months pregnant so you never know. Bodies are weird sometimes and do their own thing.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: September 18, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »
Like Mahw said if it’s not bright red and with heavy cramps it’s unlikely to be a mc. It probably is just implantation bleed and it can happen up to 8-9w. Some women get some spotting later on too. You could always go to a&e and tell a bit more than there actually is in order to get a scan. Which epu did you ring? Do you need number for the qmc one?

Offline JustPeachy

• View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: September 18, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »
Settled girl, I bled on and off for my entire pregnancy with both of my children. Early on I had just spotting. Later on I would get up to use the bathroom in the morning and have like a gush of bright red blood, but it would quickly taper off to just spotting. I always kept the dr informed of it, but they pretty much would say if you aren't having bad cramping or filling more than a pad an hour it's ok. I did have early ultrasounds to make sure there wasn't complications causing the bleeding,  but in my case there was nothing so they said the bleeding was just from my cervix which can get extremely sensitive when your pregnant. I know it's really hard not to freak out when you see blood while pregnant, but try not to worry too much, and hopefully your scan (when you get one) will show everything as it should be.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: September 19, 2018, 01:08:57 AM »
I agree with the girls settled girl. My auntie had periods all the way through her pregnancy and even had a operation before they found out she was pregnant. I have been spotting going on 4 weeks now and first thing gp and clinic did was pregnancy test as it can be implantation unfortunately fo me it’s just happening for no reason but for you it will be completely normal. Just relax a little and keep an eye on it. With my mc a few years ago I had a period at around 3-4 weeks and didn’t end up finding out I was pregnant till 10 weeks.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: September 19, 2018, 02:05:04 AM »
I agree and disagree with ladies above. Yes you shouldn’t worry as that won’t do any good and it is most likely normal and implantation bleeding. But you shouldn’t ignore it either. Unfortunately, less likely but it can be a bad sign. All you can do is just assess it, see if it changes, does it look like unusual spotting, have you got another symptoms, what the pregnancy tests look like etc etc. If you can’t et anywhere with your doctors you could always have an early scan with mothercare at 6w instead of 8. They give you reasonable time to change/cancel appointment without losing your money. If that’s what you need for piece of mind. Unfortunately also if there is something wrong there is nothing anyone will be able to do at this stage. You know, with my first i had a gut feeling that something was wrong. And I think all of us mums can tell a difference between just a normal worry and the feeling that something isn’t right. This time i just worry but i don’t have that feeling that something is wrong. Maybe i am overstepping a line with saying that it can go both ways and i apologise if you feel i do. It’s just something I wish someone told me back then.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: September 19, 2018, 03:43:39 AM »
Hi guys I am just coming on to wish you all well in your journeys, pregnancies and beyond. I am going to come off forums and things for a while and put my journey on hold. I just don’t have the strength to continue anymore. Today I went to the clinic cd 96 and my lining and got thicker dispite me doing everything to get it thinner. I am still sat in the clinic toilets nearly half hour on crying because since I couldn’t start treament today I would have to wait over a month and knowing my luck I will have AF before that and will have to wait the cycle after which could be months. Today has shown me that I’m just not strong enough as I’ve even contemplated just giving up on my life itself. Hopefully one day il be able to start again but for now I’m going to go see my doctor and ask for treatment to be stopped and go back on the coil or pill just to help my body get back to normal for a while. Thank you all for sharing your journeys and giving me advice. Baby dust and good luck to you all.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: September 19, 2018, 06:22:21 AM »
I am sorry to hear Ria that you are having such a difficult time. I cannot imagine how it feels like. Perhaps taking a break is a good idea. You can make your new house a home, perhaps do some travelling and see the world? Do the things you couldn’t do with a baby. We will be looking forward for you to come back when you feel better and ready again for ttc. Good luck!