Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 62521 times)

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #3615 on: October 08, 2018, 05:10:33 AM »
Oh Angela sorry to hear that, let us know what happens. Hope you and bump are okay. Try keep yourself relaxed as much as possible until you are seen as the baby will feel the stress.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: October 08, 2018, 06:36:59 AM »
Doctor said cervix is closed and i shouldn’t worry and wouldn’t scan. So obviously for my own piece of mind I will go for private scan tomorrow. Bleeding has got smaller now. I did read if you had d&c before there are more chances to bleed during pregnancy. Also sorry tmi but I had quite tough number 2 this morning which could of popped some blood vessel.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: October 08, 2018, 07:12:20 AM »
That’s fine and yeah a scan would help you to relax a bit more. A lot of people bleed in first trimester my auntie had full periods throughout she even had a op at 7 months and went into labour after coming out of theatre no one knew at all. Always best to be safe the sorry a girl at work fell down the escalator last night and spent 3 hours in A&E and everything was fine but baby wasn’t moving all day so it’s aleays best to be safe then sorry.

Offline JustPeachy

• View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: October 08, 2018, 09:25:18 AM »
Settledgirl, I'm so sorry to hear about your ectopic. I hope the second shot will do what it needs to, and you'll be able to start recovering from the whole thing.
Ria, I'm sorry you're having more bleeding and that your partner is sick. Hopefully you'll have answers soon, and he will be feeling better in no time.
Angela, I'm very surprised they refused to scan. I hope everything is still looking good when you have your scan tomorrow. I had gushes of bright red bleeding like a period coming on, but it would slow down pretty quickly and just maybe spot a couple days after the initial gush. I kind of got to the point I would call the dr but wait and monitor the bleeding at home instead of running to the hospital at the first sight of blood. Hopefully your bleeding will turn out just to be cervical bleeding and no big deal. I know how scary it is though. I always had that panick feeling in my chest and worried every time that it might be something else

Online Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: October 08, 2018, 09:43:21 AM »
Hey ladies, I can’t understand the way it’s been handled with you ladies. The moment you fall pregnant the first thing doctors do is rule out ectopic with a vaginal scan at 6w. If they can’t see anything they do it a week lateral but never to the point where they say it’s Nothing!

I’m so sorry settledgirl you had to go thru this. I have no words. I know the feeling and the anger and the disappointment and the frustration. Specially when shit happens and there’s so little support on medical staff.

Angela. How’s is it going?

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: October 08, 2018, 10:44:17 AM »
I’m ok now thank you. It has definitely settled now! It does look like my cervix is just very sensitive to everything and hopefully scan tomorrow will just confirm that.

Missdyan that’s what you have when it’s free healthcare and tbf many countries give you a scan at 12 weeks first time round because chances of having ectopic are very low. Chances of having what I had even lower. Normal mc is very normal and cannot be stopped. There is not enough funding to to scans earlier. Currently with brexit our medical system struggles even more. Hospitals do not have enough money to perform surgeries that are life threatening and they get put on a waiting list for a very long time.
Honestly I did expect that they won’t scan me as they just scanned on thursday and to pick something up about babies development you have to have at least a week inbetween. My cervix is closed and there was no fresh blood coming out. If I was bleeding more or cervix was open they would of investigated more. And I really don’t mind having private scan tomorrow - will have twice as much time to look at the baby and on the big screen.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: October 08, 2018, 11:32:16 AM »
BTW i am not saying that this is right the way how some things are done but I can understand why. I have had 2 perfect scans with hospital already and it’s far more than most have had. So I cannot really complain about my situation but this is very individual to hospital by hospital basis. I do agree that Settledgirl could of had better treatment in the beginning.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: October 08, 2018, 12:52:04 PM »
I agree Angela I think the fact that we get free healthcare is amazing and we can’t expect the world. I am lucky as the clinic will be giving me a 6 week scan along with referral to EPU due to being at risk of OHSS.
Right now I feel I need a new doctors though as my blood results came back today as being a little high not sure what was high as my hormones and thyroid was checked and the receptionist couldn’t confirm. There answer was to come back in three months like I’m meant to just keep bleeding and not knowing what’s going on for the next 3 months. I’m going to make an appointment tomorrow and see what’s actually happening and is it actually why I am bleeding, if I don’t get answers I will speak to the clinic when I call next week. I don’t want to start ivf with this going on as I feel it wouldn’t work and be a waste of a cycle.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: October 08, 2018, 01:20:51 PM »
Yeah I wouldn’t go ahead with ivf if i knew i wasn’t 100% healthy. You don’t want to be wasting those treatments!

I just got a phonecall from hospital which I did not expect and then asked how I was doing and offered a scan for next monday! I know it seems like it should be sooner but even with confirmed threatened mc no hospital would scan you every few days as it’s not a long enough time to pick something up. They would be looking at baby’s development and with so early on measurements can differ and at this stage baby grows on average 1mm a day and to measure 1mm through a scan is not easy that’s why you need at least a week to see if baby is growing enough. I do believe however if my bleeding was severe etc they still would of scanned me but considering everything down there looks shut and good it is definitely reassuring.

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: October 08, 2018, 01:37:02 PM »
Honestly I think the uk health care is horrendous. I was in and out with bleeding and they kept telling me not to worry because my cervix was closed on 3 Seperate occasions, but then back tracked and said well it could have opened and closed already before we got chance to catch it, I got told three times they thought I was going through the process of a MC but they wouldn’t scan me till my HCG hit 1000. There basically not intrested until your 12 weeks even the doctor said to me it awful truth of it is if something was to go wrong or is we can’t intervene until after 21 weeks! It has to take its natural course but that don’t make me feel better. I was handled with such lack of care and empathy the nurses slagged the doctors off the doctors slagged the nurses off the nurses never wanted to do what the doctors told them to do with me and many of times when I was waiting in waiting’s around patience in rooms on wards the staff would say
Stuff like room 9 is kicking off again, or room 10 wants tablets now oh well it’s nkt tablet time yet room 11 isn’t helping herself again ... one of them doctors wrote on my notes to stay and wait for results the nurses was like no go we will ring you you’ll be here hours ... I started arguing saying it says on my notes to stay and she was like well we’ve been at this longer and know better go home we will ring you later, so I did ! And I had to come back in!! Honestly I’m so mad with my treatment!

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: October 08, 2018, 01:47:15 PM »
I get it Settledgirl. It is not always great and it mostly lacks in times of diagnosis or proving something but when you do get a diagnosis the treatment is quite efficient. But this does really depend on a hospital and are. Richer hospitals in better areas give better treatment than the ones that get less funding and it’s not fair. I know that none of this will help you now either and only time will heal. I was angry for a long time that my condition could of picked up sooner and it wasn’t. The only good thing in such a sad situation is that next time they do see you more and do take you more seriously. I know it doesn’t help now but when you will be ready to start ttc again they will give you a scan early on and will see you again if you start bleeding to make sure its all ok.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: October 08, 2018, 03:09:28 PM »
I agree with what you have said and I think it completely depends on each hospital. The RVI in Newcastle is meant to be an amazing hospital but when I was in over night it was terrible. I was in from 4pm till 9am wasn’t even offered water and then first thing in the morning was told I could leave because they couldn’t do anything.
When I was loosing my son I was told they couldn’t intervene other then get steroids into him to see if he would make it that way if he breathed on his own when born he could have help. Unfortunately he didn’t make it long enough and I lost him but it wasn’t anyone’s fault the hospital were amazing throughout it all. That’s was Blackpool vic and that’s where I was when I’ll a few years ago and couldn’t ask for a better team, I am still under them for my chest as I preferred their care. Settled girl is there not another hospital near you could got too? There is two here that I could choose from.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: October 08, 2018, 03:49:18 PM »
It’s not always hospital sometimes it is also staff. I have found that nurses are nicer and more helpful than doctors are. But I have come across few nice doctors when I needed care. Today I was seen by 2 and both very different in their care and reassurance. It is very unfair when you get poor treatment and i really feel for you that you didn’t get the right support and care from the beginning. You could write a complaint letter to the hospitals trust if you feel that it could help.

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: October 08, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »
I completely agree it depends what hospital you are at. Does anyone go to Nottingham queens hospital ? As me and my partner are next time debating going there instead of Kings moll but queens is an hour away xx

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: October 08, 2018, 04:57:25 PM »
I have been with qmc with my loss and with my current pregnancy. I would say they are generally good and I wouldn’t look for another place. But you do need to keep in mind that they have to follow protocols and there is nothing they can do that’s why I have been having a combination of seeing them and a private scans. Next time you are pregnant they will give you a scan as you now have a higher chance to have ectopic pregnancy again but I don’t know at how many weeks. With my history i had to wait til 9 that’s why i had a private scan earlier on. I assume with ectopic history they would do it earlier. My spotting started at inconvenient time that’s why they couldn’t scan me again as it was too soon and it wouldn’t show a difference however they did still see me both times, i have been examined and they did offer me another scan next week. I do honestly think that they have done everything they could right now. And in the gaps where I need some more reassurance I am happy to go private.