Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 75292 times)

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #4185 on: February 15, 2019, 03:36:39 AM »
It probably is still then water retention for you. Everyone i know that’s pregnant say they had fake bump up until 18-20w and thought it was that but when the real one showed it was completely different. My clothes are tight too, can’t wear most of my trousers haha. I have gained about 6-7 pounds but most of it was in the beginning, it has slowed down now since i am not all the time hungry anymore. Hopefully you get your house soon! That will take a lot of energy but will be exciting for you too :-)

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: February 16, 2019, 04:03:05 AM »
Thanks yeah a lot of mine was in the early days around Christmas with getting takeaways etc. I am hoping moving won't be too bad. My partners dad normally is the one to hire a van etc but my my said she might come with her van to help instead and stay a day or 2 so that my mum and step mum can help us get decorated as we are going to ask my partners dad to lay the wood floor. With my partners mum living round corner too I think we should have plenty of help. The only thing I have said it we are doing babies nursery on our own. It's going to be annoying not being able to help as much as I would like to though. How you feeling about your move?

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: February 16, 2019, 07:25:07 AM »
Quite excited! Luckily we don’t need to do any decorating really but we will be changing master bedroom completely. We are not rushing with a nursery as baby will sleep next to my side of the bed for at least first 6months anyway. The other bedrooms are a bit football themed (as their kids live in them) but they are in very good state so we might just paint over that stuff eventually. Definitely not in a rush. We painted walls in our current house. Even though it looks ok with the new house it’s just too good to do it ourselves lol. We know some people who do it professionally and doesn’t cost too much so we just gonna use their services whenever we are ready.
My auntie lives in a council house and she didn’t need to do anything! She was lucky enough to move into refurbished house, maybe you will be in luck too, that would definitely be less stressful.

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #4187 on: February 16, 2019, 07:25:07 AM »

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: February 17, 2019, 02:57:42 AM »
Ah where we live they pretty much strip it all and paint it white. Or if they don't paint it white your given a paint package. We have always been private so going to be different but we're also probably going to do room by room. Depends how long we have my mum and step mum here for as they are both good decorators and would rather use them while we can. We have some wallpaper for living room and kitchen in our storage as I got too much for kitchen in the old house and never ended up putting it up in living room. So hoping that will be two quick fixes. Nursery were going to take slow and do bit by bit but we have most furniture to go in just needs decorating but we don't have a theme yet.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: February 17, 2019, 03:50:15 AM »
Oh that’s good that you already have some stuff! Everything costs so much and it is so easy to get carried away when you move house and have a baby. We only have a full set of pram and have had it since before we started trying lol. My SIL when she just gave birth was given 6 prams to test for free and she was also given one by someone else who tested. She had to only give one back and since didn’t need that many she gave one to us! She is now due before me and my friend has a baby so i imagine we will get a load off from them either for free or some small amount of cash. I won’t be buying baby wardrobe and changing table as just think it’s waste of space and money (each to their own, don’t judge those who do buy that stuff!) and we will be having animal/jungle themed nursery as it’s good for both sexes and will be appropriate for quite some time. Just don’t know yet if we will buy ready wallpaper or I know of someone who does wall paintings.

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: February 17, 2019, 04:53:15 AM »
Yeah I was reading the post, berk is seven and a half months and still sleeps with us. That’s because of breastfeeding!!!! Angela is you breastfeed trust me he will stay next to you as long as you do so. About buying things we got only what we needed. We bought a bed for him to use till he is 3-4. No bassinet as I thought it was a waste of space and money (so expensive!!) and the changer is useless. You will never use it!!! That’s why we didn’t buy one. You end up changing his diaper on the floor, couch or bed but never use the changer (all friends experience) and we didn’t set a nursery and still haven’t. As he’s still with us in our bedroom. What I did use was the baby lounge he would sleep on it anywhere! Even when visiting friends or relatives was a big saver ( very mobile baby)
And clothes I recommend don’t buy too much. He will never wear them. We spent thousands on clothes he got to wear once! Now I have a pile of newborn or baby clothes too small for him. I recommend you buy a bit bigger so he can wear them later on but they grow really fast.
An electric pump was a must and I still use it. I never storaged milk because after reading several researches milk changes completely as they grow even time during the day changes. So I always pumped and give to him. We are planning to change house soon so that’s when we will set a room for berk. :)

How pregnancy going Angela?

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: February 17, 2019, 06:59:14 AM »
Yeah totally agree with stuff you say Missdyan. I am planning to breastfeed for a good time and I hope I will be able to. And baby will sleep with us until he/she starts sleeping through the night. There are some things that I definitely want to buy. But at the moment not planning to go crazy lol. Pregnancy seems to go well so far, thank you. It hasn’t been physically the easiest but as long all is well i don’t mind.

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: February 17, 2019, 08:01:12 AM »
Dear Angela! Wait till your about to pop! This stage is nothing compared to what is coming up!!! Take it easy and rest. Since berk was born I have never slept more than 3 hours straight. The breastfeeding thing is all about good latch. And after you pass the first month then there’s no discomfort. The more he boobs the more milk you make! And tons of water!!! That’s key. I think everyone is able to but if you don’t have the latch it hurts like hell.  I remember a college friend told me the best position for her was laying on her side on the bed. Before that advice I really struggled but the second I started feeding him on the side it was all sooo easy. I had so many people telling me do it like this and that but never listened. I did what worked for me. When we started giving berk foemula before bed he would sleep 4-5 hours straight sometimes but then he developed milk allergy so I had to push the boob.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: February 17, 2019, 09:07:03 AM »
Well my mum wasn’t able to feed with my brother because he would just vomit her milk up. It’s not always about latching. I will be following Thompson’s method for breastfeeding. But at this stage I really don’t want to think what and how everything will happen, atm we are taking just one day at a time. We are not out of the woods yet with mc risks.

Online Zalee

• Finding my way through fairytales.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: February 17, 2019, 02:58:30 PM »
Uuuugh Hubs got sick then got me sick! So mad at him! But really hoping already ovulated and sperm was successful and that implantion happens! Going based of 35day I should be in TWW now  :-X
Signiture too small!

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: February 17, 2019, 03:35:12 PM »
Good luck Zalee! :-)

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: February 21, 2019, 05:55:12 PM »
Hey ladies, so been a bit unactive this week as we had a scare on Monday. At around 5ish I felt really wet all of a sudden liek I had wet myself without realising so went to the toilet and there was a large amount of frsh blood that was watery. Called my OH to get him to come home and Called MAU then got a taxi straight there. After the gush there was just a bit of spotting and blood on the toilet role. We waited 5 and half hours and hadn't seen a doctor to be told they had just gone into theatre. Sitting in a little room not know what was happening really didn't help so we discharged ourself to go back early Tuesday as niether of us had eaten and were getting frustrated. After about a hour of being at home there was another gush of blood but this time it was thick red blood. We basically just gave up hope at that point. Tuesday we got back to the hospital and I had an examination but they couldn't see anything to be a problem. When I spoke to the doctor and said it was weird because the blood was watery she instantly said she wanted to give me an ultrasound and admit me to the ward as she thought my waters had gone. Thankfully they got us a scan very quickly and baby was still okay and had plenty of fluid. She then asked if I'd prefer to be kept in or go home. I chose home because I just wanted some sleep and to be with my OH. Bleeding finally stopped fully today and under strict instructions to go straight in if I have any bleeding no matter how small and I will be admitted for 24 hours to be monitored. Been re referred to consultant and they have asked to see about growth scans as it was a significant size bleed. Today I saw my midwife and got to hear baby's heartbeat she said I can go back at any point to have a Listen and keep my mind at ease. She also said if we got to MAU and are left for longer then a hour and half before being seen to call her and she will come straight up to the hospital. How's everyone doing?

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: February 22, 2019, 03:04:22 AM »
Oh gosh, i am sorry Ria you had to go through that. Sounds very scary. Shows you just because first trimester is over doesn’t mean that fear goes away. Hope all will be good!
No news on our side- our move is being delayed by our vendors which is annoying. And looks like might only happen end of march. Can’t wait for our scan on tuesday too!

Online Zalee

• Finding my way through fairytales.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: February 22, 2019, 10:38:05 AM »
Ria- Sending positive vibes your way!

Angela- Sorry to hear about the move being delayed! :( I remember when we were closing on our house, it took so long that the neighbors wondered if someone actually bought it or not! Hopefully it all settles soon and then the move goes smooth. :) Lots of good vibes to you as well~
Signiture too small!

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: February 22, 2019, 01:12:33 PM »
We got a date! 15th of March! So not too bad in the end! Back to being excited now rather than annoyed lol.

Hope you are ok Ria!