Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 82484 times)

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #4275 on: April 19, 2019, 04:28:11 AM »
Thanks Ria. Yeah, luckily my cold has been on a milder side. My kicks are getting stronger but baby only kicks when i lie down or sit still, almost like he/she prefers when I move lol.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: April 20, 2019, 01:44:47 AM »
Haha. My little man has a party when I'm at work, don't think he likes all the nose. There was a baby crying the other day and he was going mental haha other then that he doesn't really have a pattern.
But today we have hit viability and I am absolutely over the moon to get this far and so proud of my little heart warrior, get my MatB1 on Thursday and then handing all our maternity stuff in on Friday hopefully.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: April 20, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »
How many weeks are you? Did you hve to see midwife for matb1 form? I am seeing mine when i am 25weeks. Assume I will get the form then?

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #4277 on: April 20, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: April 20, 2019, 11:41:56 AM »
I am 24 weeks today. Yeah I'm getting mine from midwife. If your appointment is at 25 weeks make sure you discuss it with your employer as they have to be formally made aware before you hit 25 weeks.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: April 20, 2019, 01:13:14 PM »
My employer has known about each of my pregnancies right from the beginning!

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: April 21, 2019, 09:01:12 AM »
Yeah that's fine. My employer know but they have got it down on paper fully it just needs the MatB1 as I don't get it till 2 days before so they have sent the dates across to HR or whoever to have it in writing.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: April 21, 2019, 09:46:20 AM »
Happy Easter everyone!

When will you start your maternity leave? Are you taking any time off as holiday before hand or will you carry some over?

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: April 22, 2019, 12:26:06 PM »
Happy Easter to you too. I am starting my maternity 2 weeks before due date as we know he's coming atleast a week early and taking 2 weeks holiday before that. The rest of my holiday I'm getting paid to me at the end of the year as il still be on maternity when the holidays reset. It will be during the 3 months I don't get any pay but may end up using them if baby is doing well I said I'm not going to take them and just do one little shift a week and use a holiday day for my other contracted shift then just do my contracted 8 hours so I can be with the baby, as I will be his full time carer and don't want him in childcare as they wouldn't be able to get him to the hospital when needed as we were told to always get someone to drive us as an ambulance would take too long to get to us.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: April 22, 2019, 12:48:58 PM »
Well i hope it works out! I am planning to start maternity 1w before due date and probably will take 3 weeks holiday before hand. I wouldn’t do that if i was due any other time of the year but since my husband is a teacher and he is off from end of july will be nice to spend some time together. I am not sure what I will do at the end of the leave yet. I want to go back to 3 days a week and have a day off every week until January to save on childcare costs at least until then.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: April 23, 2019, 11:43:53 AM »
Yeah I get that. I am only taking the 2 weeks early as feel like he may try to come early, plus I'm already starting to struggle with the later shifts and long shifts as I am getting back pain and still really exhausted the majority of the time. I can't wait to start mat leave I feel massive and had to order a bigger uniform again.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: April 24, 2019, 05:57:25 AM »
I can’t wait to start the leave too! I have been off quite a lot in april with holidays, easter, being sick and study leave that i have no idea how I will feel when go back to work! I am not huge but do need to wear maternity clothes, not much of ordinary clothes fit around my waist now. But I just can’t believe how horrible and boring maternity clothes are. It’s hard to find stuff that’s acceptable to wear in the office (tops are fine, struggle with trousers) and anything that is casual is very boring. Then you have pretty stuff but that’s like summer stuff or going out and just not practicable and costs too much. And on top of that have to order everything online. It’s almost like pregnant women shouldn’t be wearing anything that’s nice and comfortable and shouldn’t go out shopping!

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: April 24, 2019, 08:21:11 AM »
I agree our big asda as always had maternity clothes in store so I went there and they had stopped having them in store, I was fuming. I have a few tops that fit as I like baggy tops anyway and up to now I've only brought 2 pairs of maternity jeggings and nursing bras. I have 2 pairs of leggings that aren't maternity that I can wear but after a few hours they become uncomfortable too. You should try asda it's not too espensive and they are comfortable. I'm tryi g to not buy maternity tops i just buy normal tops in my normal size that are bigger fitting. It's a bit easier to do now it's summer. Honestly can't wait for him to be here now, I think cause we're not buying any more and not setting anything up a lot of the excitement has gone and saving for our hospital stay is adding stress. I just wish I could know now how far he will get and if we can bring him home, I'm desperate to set his nursery up but my partner says no because we need to protect ourselves incase he doesn't come home but I feel like we're not believing in him.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: April 24, 2019, 08:54:49 AM »
Oh Ria, it must be so tough to want to be excited but at the same time you feel like you can’t. But if you want to feel excited etc then you should do so.

I have bought some maternity stuff from asos and i just wear for now that fits. My friend is giving me her maternity tops too. And since my SIL has given birth maybe I will be able to borrow some stuff from her. I have got 2 pairs of maternity jeans and few leggings as I don’t find the normal ones too comfortable. And since I am hoping this is not our last pregnancy hopefully I will get to wear these clothes again! I tried to buy not too much as obviously can’t predict how big I am gonna get. As long my butt and thighs don’t grow bigger I should be ok!

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: April 25, 2019, 01:00:21 AM »
Yeah that's fair enough. I'm not even lying I will wear these pants even when not pregnant they are so comfortable. But we're hoping Leo won't be our last either, we have said we are going to wait till after his Glenn operation which will be when he's around 6 months and when he's home from that we will start to ttc again. But if not pregnant by end of 2020 we will stop as we're getting married in 2021 and it may be in 2021 that Leo has his final surgery. Honestly I think him having HLHS is the strangest journey I have been on. You get told its the most serious heart condition anyone can have but everyone is so positive about it you don't really know how to feel. I have days where I can't wait for him to be here and just know he can fight it, then I have days where I feel guilty about putting him through all this while he's so small and days where I wish I could just carry him forever because then I know he's safe. I have never actually wished that he didn't have it because I know there are worst things he could have but I do wish we knew how much time we had with him so I could prepare. In the UK his life expectancy with the surgery is 22 years as that's how long it's been done for but in America it's 34. Both of they are without transplant because not everyone is gaurenteed to get one.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: April 25, 2019, 05:49:11 AM »
You are not selfish for wanting to give him a chance at all. It’s tough and i can’t imagine what you are going through but i would try to stay positive and would try everything to give a chance at life as he can still have one! There are conditions where I would chose to terminate but this one is definitely not one of them. For now keep him cooking and you will cross the next bridge when you get there.