Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 88622 times)

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #4305 on: May 10, 2019, 01:54:11 AM »
Thanks Ria. It doesn’t help that since dinner time yesterday the movements have really slowed down. When before it slowed down i still felt baby and I haven’t really had any since last night. I am on my way to work now so will see how it goes once i sit at the desk for an hour and if no change I will either ring my midwife or will go straight to hospital.

Are you feeling better now Ria?

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: May 10, 2019, 08:59:04 AM »
Yeah I would definitely get checked. We have quieter days that do worry but have started to figure things that baby responds to like Ed Sheeran and my OHs voice. Something fizzy and cold is meant to help too.

I am feeling a bit better today, I think it's just as my OH isn't well at the minute and there not 100% sure what's wrong but think it's stomach problems so he's been given tablets and been told to keep stress and anxiety to a minimum as they will make his symptoms worse so feel a bit alone. We had a talk last night though which has helped. Then had some sort of good news off my mum today as they have pretty much sorted money to move here meaning they don't need to live with us and she doesn't need to sell her house. Plus ordered babies wardrobe today so we just need to paint his room and put it all up which is another worry off my mind.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: May 10, 2019, 12:59:32 PM »
The movements picked up when I got to work so it’s ok for now.

Did you decide to go ahead with nursery then? That’s great news!

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #4307 on: May 10, 2019, 12:59:32 PM »

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: May 11, 2019, 01:32:39 AM »
Ah that's good, work normally gets baby moving for me too. Thinks it's all the noises.

Yeah we've decided to get it started. But he's room has been used to store all boxes in from when we moved that haven't been unpacked so need to get that sorted first. I can't wait to get it all painted and done now. I just thought we already refer to it as the baby's room so thought it would hurt going in there with or without his furniture up so we may as well. Plus I'm at a stage where I'm not sure what else I need so hoping it will prompt the bits I've forgotten like packing the hospital bag has.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: May 11, 2019, 04:33:49 AM »
Have you had the results yet if he has got that extra thing that would need surgery straight away?

Our nursery walls are all done but it is kind of dumpinng ground as well lol. We got our bedside grib that eventually turns into a cot so the boxes that contain cot bits are there. Bedside crib has been assembled but it is also currently in nursery. We have assembled our pram which is also in a nursery lol. We bought changing table with drawers from facebook market place very cheap and we had ikea wardrobe were we used to keep some of our clothes but we bought some extra shelves from ikea so it will be now baby’s wardrobe! Going to baby show next saturday so quite excited about that!

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: May 12, 2019, 01:08:00 AM »
Angela you sound so prepared. We have cot bed and moses basket but neither have been put up yet. He's wardrobe gets here on Tuesday but think we will paint before putting it all together. I'm waiting for crib to see when we get to come home as thinking since he will be in a crib/cot in hospital it may be better even if he still fits in his moses basket to use that as it may be more familiar to him.

I thought I was nearly done getting things but now I have started to think about his nursery and started packing our hospital bags I keep realising there is more we don't have. It's mostly little things, we decided not to get a changing unit as we were going to have it downstairs but we have carpet which worries me as we were getting the one with the bath in and I think I'd just prefer to get a set of small draws in the corner to use and then it can be used for his toys when he gets older.

We have our appointment on Thursday to find out, starting to get really nervous now as I've been speaking to someone going through the same thing that is coming to the same hospital we're at and she had her scan for the same thing a few days ago and go the all clear for a natural birth for now and been told it's unlikely to now change. I think because I'm so scared of having a c-section, never mind at a hospital with no maternity unit, it's making it a lot harder. X

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: May 12, 2019, 02:53:30 AM »
Fingers crossed for good news!

We are not that prepared. There is still so much we need to get!

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: May 12, 2019, 09:52:45 AM »
I've honestly started to hit a brick wall with it. I know I need mattress for cot and cot blanket. I need a baby bath but think we're going to get that when we come home as don't want to get one too small. And I need room thermometer which I'm getting when he's nursery is all together other then that I have no clue. I just keep walking down baby Isles in shops and think oh I haven't got that and picking it up haha.

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: May 12, 2019, 04:34:15 PM »
Hey ladies, so glad to hear you’re prwgnancies are going smoothly. My sister in law (47) just had twins a month ago (Ivf) c section at 36 weeks. Babies were fine. I didn’t have a c with berk but she said it wasn’t too horrible. The first 10 days were hard but she’s 47. Age affects too. All my gf’s had a c and they say just the first few days it’s hard to find the right way to lay down.

My son just turned 10 months and he’s super active. Adorable boy talks all day, crawls and walks from couch to couch with help.

About maternity clothes don’t buy too many ladies, what I did have to buy a lot was underwear. I used tiny little tanga type’s before and as I got bigger I had to find something comfortable. So I bought a dozen of no stitch bikini type. I don’t recommend buying those huge pregnancy underwear as they are super uncomfortable. And don’t buy clothes until the end of your pregnancy   Once you hit the 30w mark trust me your bellies will start getting huge and That’s when u’ll need clothes. After you deliver your belly will stay big the first week. You will look about 6 months pregnant.

It took me 5 months to get into my skinny jeans.

When we had berk I didn’t buy much but perhaps you would like to hear a few things I did.

I got this ikea white boxes where I had put in dipers burp cloths super rash cream pacifiers extra socks and extra onsies and undershirts thermometer  and I had those boxes spread out around the house. So I’ll have them handy. I didn’t buy a changer because I though it was waste of money. My friend bought one and never used it. I ended changing dipers on the carpet floor. Couch. And on the bed. With my boxes everywhere I never had to go to the changer and change him. Think about that. I’m quite practical so that helped a lot. Now I still use my boxes specially when he’s trying to run away and the only safe place to change his diaper is on the floor. And as he would grow up I would add different items into my boxes. Like teething jel. Cotton, Vaseline, body lotion, fever suppositories, Toothbrush. Some chewing toys for him to have while changing him. And towels.  So sometimes he would poop everywhere and to avoid messing up the carpet (we have white carpets changed for grey now) i’d Put the towel underneath and then just wash it. I had a big stock of towels.

And I can’t believe now he’s 10months and my house Is a mess! Because we are teaching him 3 languages I had made a lot of special toys with letters numbers cards etc books he loves so it’s a lot of stuff to try to organize. But he’s getting there.

Also don’t buy too many fancy newborn clothes we did and so many he wore only once. Buy a few pieces and when he outgrows buy again.

Angela Fox, whennpregnant and felt he wouldn’t be active I would eat something really sweet. That always did the trick. He started moving like crazy. Give it a try maybe it works for you.

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: May 12, 2019, 04:38:12 PM »
Angela Fox. Are you planning on nursing? Have you give it a thought?

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: May 13, 2019, 12:50:17 AM »
Great to hear Berk is doing so well!

I only bought that changing table as it’s chest of drawers that has changing bit on top so it’s still a storage for anything. And clothes wise we didn’t bother with outfits. Just vests and sleepsuits. And maternity clothes wise well if I didn’t buy any I would have nothing to wear to work!  Yes, I am planning to breastfeed. I will buy couple of bottles just in case I need them but I won’t buy any formula unless I need to.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: May 13, 2019, 01:38:35 AM »
Yeah I would definitely buy a few bottles Angela as a few people I have spoke to their milk hasn't come through for a few hours or a day or 2. I have just a starter set and the one that came with my breast pump, were having to buy formula too as Leo needs extra calories but we're waiting to know if we need one prescribed or just a normal formula or will he be okay with just extra feeds.
I've still not got any extra extra maternity clothes just the one pair of jeggings and I'm still comfortable wearing leggings if not for a long period of time. I do have maternity work uniform though. I'm going to get some pyjama shirts too as will be easier to feed when he's here with a shirt.

Glad to hear Berk is doing well Missdyan, xx

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: May 13, 2019, 02:06:23 AM »
Oh, forgot to mention - the sweet and cold water stuff doesn’t work. It’s all about baby’s positioning and due to me hving anterior placenta. So if baby is in the wrong position I can do whatever I like and the movements still will be very light because placenta cushions it all.

Ria, the milk doesn’t normally come in until 2-3 days post partum, you feed baby colostrum first few days and you have to do it all the time then milk will come in no problem. It’s all about doing the right stuff and have the right support and then there should be no problem to breastfeed. I am sure we will figure it out. My friend really struggled but only because she was told tp do the wrong things when breastfeed but even through all that struggling she managed to get through and breastfed for 3 years.

Offline Nikkilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: May 13, 2019, 05:55:52 AM »
Hi ladies I had an ultrasound today because I’ve been spotting on and off so the dr wanted to just check and make sure baby is in the right position. Well....here’s the thing. There are 3 babies!!! I am in shock
They are measuring 5w2d and no heartbeat was detected. I have to have a repeat scan in a week.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: May 13, 2019, 06:23:20 AM »
Omg Nikkilou!!!! It definitely is too early for heartbeats but i will cross everything I can for you and hope you will see 3 little hearts beating away strong next scan!