Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 58784 times)

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #3495 on: September 15, 2018, 02:47:58 PM »
That is just stupid. Too risky and leaving too late to get appointment at the right time. Bloods for sickle cell and thalaasaemia has to be done by 10w and considering that timings are not always right you can go in at 9w and actually be 10. So you can miss the point where you get screened for these ilnesses. Qmc are quite packed up hospital and getting a scan in a good time is quite hard. I am sorry but this is not normal. It is normal not get appointment until then but not normal not to be referred until then. It’s not like they can kick someone up from the appointment just to fit you in straight away. I would push for more or ring the midwife directly to get appointment for when you are 8-10w.

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: September 15, 2018, 02:54:03 PM »
Iv just text all my friends to double check that I was correct and yeah they all said the doctor told them to ring when they was 8 weeks and they would book them in for a midwife which they would get seen between 8-10 weeks but they allgot seen in that time they said xx

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: September 15, 2018, 03:05:25 PM »
That’s good that they have but it’s not always the case. If you feel comfortable with it then that’s fine but if not i would advise to ring and make sure you get that appointment yourself. My friend was referred early on just like me and she was with fertility clinique. Her early screenings were done by fertility clinic so all that was done one time. The actual midwife appointment was around 10w if not later even though referred early. And she got failed at getting an nt scan on time with hospital. She had to pay £400 for private scan to have it done on time. She wasn’t happy with it and wished she chased it more. I have learned with my first pregnancy that you have to get things done by yourself otherwise you are running a risk of poor service.

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: September 15, 2018, 03:24:50 PM »
Hmmmm il contact them tomorrow and see what they say but like I say it’s the same with everyone I know who’s pregnant around me had to wait till 8 weeks, but il ask and check is there a way I can by pass GP and go straight to midwife ? Xx

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: September 15, 2018, 03:48:01 PM »
All you need is just an appointment at an appropriate time. It’s not like you are asking for one to have on monday. I told gp that i am pregnant the day i found out as i had that urine infection. I went in to find out results which they couldn’t give but in reception we filled in a form together for midwife referral. I was 4w back then. I only got my letter last week for appointment on 26september so it definitely can take time. Nhs scan won’t be booked in until actually see midwife. That’s why i was having early private scans now and early one epu. Last time when i saw midwife and had all my tests done I actually had miscarried for about at least a week at that point. Bloods came back fine whereas a scan 3w later showed different picture. I know early mc can’t be stopped but i sure won’t let it go one for nearly 5w undiscovered again.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: September 16, 2018, 05:32:30 AM »
Omg I can’t believe the way they have treated you Settledgirl. When I lost my little boy they were amazing. They did everything they could to make me comfortable and to try and save him as when I arrived at the hospital there was still a faint heartbeat. Unfortunately I have also experienced bad care too so I know it is down to every doctor. I would 100% contact the midwife my friend is 6/7 weeks now and has her appointment on the 22nd. The gp made her referral straight away at around 4/5 weeks. Luckily for me even if I happen to fall pregnant naturally or with ivf we have bloods straight away and a scan at 6 weeks with the clinic. It is also them that will make the referral to the midwife for us and if there is a delay in the appointment they have told us they will have all tests done with them. It’s always best being safe the sorry.

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: September 16, 2018, 03:19:32 PM »
I’m going to ring Friday when I’m 6 weeks and book the midwife as say I just wanna book an appointment in advance because of work. I’m going to keep doing tests up to then that’s all I can do. Xx

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: September 17, 2018, 08:25:34 AM »
Settledgirl so did you have an Mc or not? Is the embrio alive?

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: September 17, 2018, 02:25:04 PM »
I didn’t have a mc in the end.
It was awful treatment from the NHS I received that gave me the wrong information.
Also anyone from Nottingham paid for a early scan before ? X

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: September 17, 2018, 03:43:33 PM »
That’s what I had. You can have early scan with mothercare. It’s £89. It’s from 6w but it’s best to hold off longer as it can be inconclusive. With my first baby I went in 6+6 and measured at 6w and saw heartbeat. This time went in at 6+1 and they could only see gestational sac and yolk sac as was too early so they couldn’t confirm if pregnancy was viable. They do give rescan if it’s inconclusive. So I went in again at 7+1 and could see heartbeat. Still measured behind. And even though there is a heartbeat they cannot guarantee that all will be well. For your own sake of mind i would advise to wait til you are 7weeks otherwise you will just end up stressing if they can’t see embryo.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: September 17, 2018, 03:45:31 PM »
Just google mothercare scans. They are all trained prenatal sonographers.

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: September 17, 2018, 08:52:30 PM »
Very different the un system from our system in turkey. I do not use the government hospitals as they are pretty good but the private system. So you go in whenever you want and they Immediately test and scan as many times as necessary specially the first stage of pregnancy. And as I have private insurance my insurance company covers everything and we do not pay anything just the equivalent of £3 pounds as for no idea actually for every time we have a consult.

We only have obg’s and no midwifes. We don’t use that here. And when you deliver options are yours but there’s only natural birth and c- section. There’s no water birth option like in the uk. But I wouldn’t give birth in the water, I respect their desitions of women who will but I think why suffer when technology is soooo much better.

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: September 17, 2018, 08:55:40 PM »
My gurfrienda daughter went to uk to deliver her baby and chose water birth. An hour within having contractions, she just got off the bath tub and told doctors she wanted an Epi and try to do labor as painless as possible. My gf said it was funny! Cuz she thought she could but she actually couldn’t.

Offline Dutchie73

• View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: September 17, 2018, 11:18:00 PM »
I’m still here Angela, in my fertile window now think I’ll ovulate in the next day or so.    Haven’t been doing opk’s anymore.   Over two years of ttc. 

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: September 18, 2018, 12:03:11 AM »
Missdyan, you can go private here but it costs a lot of money. You can combine private and nhs, ie have a private midwife all pregnancy but still have nhs scan and tests. That costs about £5000. Having everything private is a lot more. And funny you say that, I want water birth! I may not give actual birth in a pool but definitely want to use one during labour. And i don’t want to use drugs either, just gas max. No one i know used drugs and they were absolutely fine. But each to their own!

Dutchie, i am keeping crossed everything for you!