Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 56308 times)

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #3630 on: October 08, 2018, 04:58:15 PM »
Hi

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: October 08, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »
Yes they said they would start scanning from 6 weeks onwards in my next pregnancy, but I have to wait 6 months to start trying again, I can’t believe my luck with all this I’m just really worried it’s going to happen again, and then having to  wait again.. I have to have a mix or 3 ectopic or mc to be able to the hospital have a closer look if there’s anythinf wrong with my tubes like scarring or blocking I was like 3! And they was like yes because the treatment is so expensive to look into so they give it three attempts before taking that next step I just think this just sums up my luck I never once thought this would happen to me :( it’s so much to get my head around and so much worry :( xxx

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: October 09, 2018, 01:59:36 AM »
Settled girl how longs have you been trying? It may be worth asking your doctor to see a gynaecologist or fertility centre if it’s been longer then a year. They do the standard testing such as the dye test which they check your tubes. It is a very painful test but for some people they don’t get much pain. I know for some your gp can send you but with me my gp has no fertility training so I got early referrals. Obviously there is also the consideration with eptopic that you loose a tube if that was to happen then they should definitely check the other. Unfortunately there is a lot of things that stop them running tests but if your are persistent they will do them. There is always they chance too if nothing comes back on the tests it can be NK cells which the nhs don’t mention as they don’t do the testing. If you did end up having to go through all the again I would look into it, I’m having the test if my first ivf round fails. It costs £400-£700 depending where you go and how much testing they do. But for some they can just have a normal pregnancy after an eptopic. I still can’t believe I feel pregnant whilst using a condom at 15 but now been trying for 3 years and 3 months and nothing.

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: October 09, 2018, 02:06:35 AM »
Yeah Settledgirl, unfortunately this is for everyone. You have to have 3mc for them to investigate. They only found my molar pregnancy because that is the only thing they test baby for when mc as it can cause cancer. To test for anything else you have to have 2. But the 6m thing it does go quick. We decided to do as much travelling as we could as it’s not that easy with a baby. And those holidays were nice things to look forward to.

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: October 09, 2018, 02:35:47 AM »
I know this is gonna sound stupid Settledgirl, but in such a horrible situation the good news is that you didn’t lose your tube! On nhs website it says to wait at least 3m so you could ask for a second opinion if 6 is too much. But then again considering that mtx is a chemo drug it’s best to let it come out of your body fully. The most info about this you will only find out in a support group really and you won’t feel so alone. These groups on fb are very private so no one from your friends list would even see that you are a part of one. There are fertility clinics in nottingham that probably do testing to see if your tubes are blocked i don’t know the costs but I would expect them to be no more than £2000. Sometimes you don’t even need a referral from gp. But please do keep in mind that there are far more chances that next time everything will be ok rather than not.

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: October 09, 2018, 06:30:06 AM »
Everything fine with the baby and he showed us a little dance! It’s quite safe to say that blood comes from cervix rather than uterus due to having increased blood flow down there.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: October 09, 2018, 07:25:31 AM »
That’s great Angela, so glad baby is doing okay. So I’ve just got back from the doctor and it’s my thyroid levels that are raised but only by 0.04 so nothing to worry about. I saw my actual gp today and he’s advised speaking to the clinic next week about the bleeding as there is nothing they can see that will cause it. He has also have me tablets to stop me becoming anemic as he said my levels are fine at the moment but it may change in future and would make pregnancy a risk so least that’s one thing sorted.

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: October 09, 2018, 07:30:20 AM »
My doctors won’t refer me for any tests until Iv has 3 incidents in total Iv been ttc since February so 8 months.. Iv been told to wait 6 months because Iv has x2 3 shots of MTX and I’m still not out the blood yet Iv got to go back on Wednesday and Saturday to check my counts to see
If there dropping by 15% If it’s not and the mass is getting bigger it’s then  onto surgery :( .... xx

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: October 09, 2018, 07:44:51 AM »
Settledgirl, that is a practice everywhere in uk to have 3 losses before being checked. That’s why I said you can go private if you are happy to pay for it. But chances that next pregnancy will be healthy are much much higher than something going wrong again. Let’s hope your hcg drops on its own and you won’t need surgery.

Offline Mahw22

• View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: October 09, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »
Wow settledgirl that sounds like a nightmare. I am sorry you were treated so poorly! And I hope you don't have to have surgery.
Angela I am relieved to hear everything is going well with baby!
Ria I hope they can figure out what's going on. It is good that you are on tablets for anemia, since you are bleeding so much. Anemia can be very hard on the body and is scary if left unnoticed.
I am still feeling sick with a cold so it is a  little frustrating. I hope it lets up soon or I might go crazy.

Offline Mahw22

• View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: October 09, 2018, 11:32:23 AM »
I am also surprised by the 3 losses practice it sounds like a lot. I am amazed by that it seems excessive to me.

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: October 09, 2018, 12:45:41 PM »
Mahw, 1in4 end in mc and most of them are due to hromosomal abnormalities where nothing can be done about it. These hromosomal abnormalities mostly are just bad luck too that’s why there is no testing offered at first mc. Not many would have a second mc and mostly due to bad luck too and with underfinanced medical system there are just not enough resources to investigate further. Only when a woman has 3 losses it can indicate that something is wrong genetically. I am not saying that this is fair but having more than 2 losses in a row is rare and when it does happen it’s mostly a bad luck and bothing can be found what causes it. Obviously these statistics don’t help people to get through their pain but there is nothing that can be done about it.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: October 11, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »
Yeah it takes a lot for things to be investigated especially if they know you can conceive as every pregnancy is different and a lot of times with mc there is no explanation. The clinic told me they are not concerned about me carrying despite having a loss and my mc was never investigated just put it down to the stress and trauma I had at the time.
How is everyone? My bleeding has stopped again but I’m on iron tablets as my gp is worried I may become anemic. I also have to have my thyroid checked in 3 months as it’s 0.04 over what it should be but he says it will be back to normal probably next time and that he’s not worried with it being such a small margin and that I don’t have symptoms of it.

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: October 11, 2018, 11:51:22 AM »
Still spotting and bleeding here! My next scan is on Monday with epu. Breasts are sore and I don’t really get any cramps and get occassional nausea so all these symptoms seem hopeful.

Offline A93

• View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: October 11, 2018, 01:51:59 PM »
Hello ladies, hows everyone doing??
Angela, don’t stress yourself out, I know its hard not to after what you’ve been through! How many weeks are you now?
Hope it goes smooth and well for you.

Goodluck to the rest of the ladies who are still ttc xx

My baby is already 4months old! Can’t believe how time is flying so fastt!!
Ayy’Chy