Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 83063 times)

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #4230 on: March 15, 2019, 01:48:38 AM »
Settledgirl, of course there is always a way to work things out! And I am so glad to hear you are not giving up.

I sometimes felt like it’s not gonna happen to me but it is now and it’s just so surreal. Of course I still worry sometimes but now that we have made it to 16w we feel like this baby is here to stay. Don’t even want to think about those low chances that something can happen. My morning sickness has gone now, i sleep better at night but can’t sleep on my stomach anymore. Still quite a picky eater but managing to eat everything just bland. Think we are moving into new house 29march, we are just waiting for our vendors to sign papers!

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: March 15, 2019, 04:23:52 AM »
Glad to here your still ttc Settledgirl. Hopefully you will find a new job soon too.

Angela so glad your at a lot more positive stage in the pregnancy. And great to here about the house. I was the same as you and spent so many days crying thinking it wasn't going to happen and I should just give up and so glad I didn't.

So we had a very up and down day yesterday that turned out to be a great day. Yesterday my partner called to say he wasn't well and was coming home from work, I then went to the toilet and the brown blood had started again but there was a big clot that was red. We went to MAU and the said everything looked fine with my cervix and they can see another clot but no active bleeding and we heard the little man's heart beat. We then got a call from our estate agent to say the landlord has accepted us to move into the house so we're over the moon. Just waiting to get all our paperwork sorted this week to find out a move in date but should be at the start of April.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: March 15, 2019, 07:38:43 AM »
Oh that’s great that all ended well! And now you know all is fine when you pass the next clot. I have heard before that the risks of bleeding during pregnancy are higher if had ivf, not sure why though.

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #4232 on: March 15, 2019, 07:38:43 AM »

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: March 15, 2019, 10:40:13 AM »
Yeah it's higher in early pregnancy as you cervix can be irritated by the transfer. Plus a higher chance of haematomas due to the same reason. Plus we have to take progesterone for the first trimester for me I stopped at around 7 weeks as my levels were high enough some continue till 12 weeks and some a bit longer. When you stop them especially if a pessary a lot of people say they have had a bleed or some people have bleeds using them. I guess our bodies take a little longer to build progesterone. But it depends on circumstances too like some people that have ivf have endometriosis and heard that it is higher risk of bleeding for them as their cervix xan be irritated very easily.

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: March 15, 2019, 11:00:02 AM »
Im so glad youve progressed alot further Angela it's so nice to see when we all understand the heartbreak we've been through everyone on this feed deserves the happiness of having a successful pregnancy it's taken a long time I mean joined this thread last feburary so just over a year now and I feel like we've all lives each others story's and connected so it's so nice to see good things happening to you all. And congratulations ria! It's all coming together slowly but surely ! I got a phone call for an interview today which is next Wednesday so fingers crossed for that! Xx

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: March 15, 2019, 12:06:19 PM »
Ohh, good luck in your interview! Yes, totally agree, you gain completely different understanding and have some sort of bond when you know someone else has struggled with fertility.

Have you had the glucose test yet Ria?

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: March 15, 2019, 02:58:13 PM »
My SIL waters broke and she is only 26w. Please send good thoughts our family’s way :-(

Offline Zalee

• Finding my way through fairytales.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: March 15, 2019, 03:31:34 PM »
Angela- All the good vibes and thoughts for her! *hug*

Ria- I’m glad you‘re still doing well and excited for you getting new place!

Settled- Best of luck for your interview! I finally started posting here about 2 months ago. :) My hubby and I have been trying for a little over 3 years. This past January I finally went to see an OBGYN as I had gone 90+ days without a bleed and tests were negative. I got diagnosed with PCOS. I’m currently in second cycle of taking Letrozole to stimulate my follicles. This cycle I showed having 2 measuring 19&18mm on my left. Based on how last cycle went, I should be able to test as early as the 29th! :)
Signiture too small!

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: March 15, 2019, 05:29:12 PM »
When all my prayers to your family Angela I hope everything works out ok!

And ria least your getting somewhere now! And it makes it all worth it! I just wanna be pregnant! Xxx

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: March 16, 2019, 03:38:19 AM »
Thank you all. She is in hospital and probably will stay there now until she delivers (at least i hope so as that will be the safest). They have given her antibiotics to prevent infection and steroid to help baby’s lungs to develop. Her cervix is still closed which is great. So now just need to wait and see how it goes and try to keep that baby in as long as possible. Hopefully at least til 30w as then chances of baby’s survival will be 95%.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: March 16, 2019, 05:19:04 AM »
Thoughts are with you and your family Angela. Hopefully baby will stay in there for as long as possible. It my friend lost her waters with her first too and she managed 3 weeks before they induced her.

Yeah I had a glucose test last week assuming it's fine as haven't had a call and they didn't say anything when I went in the other day. Have another one in May.

Settledgirl good luck for your interview.

Zalee good luck for this cycles your follicles are good size. I had 4 the same size for ivf and got 4 eggs out of them.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: March 16, 2019, 09:21:36 AM »
Thank you Ria. She seems to be in good spirits but I think she is just trying to be very brave infront of everyone. And she is just very positive person in general too whereas i am more pessimistic and realistic lol.

On a bright side we spent probably too much money at baby show today. But most of the things we bought are needed in my opinion. They didn’t have everything we wanted but apparently there will be even bigger baby show in may in birmingham so guess where we gonna go again haha.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: March 17, 2019, 03:50:57 AM »
Yeah the one in Birmingham is huge. It's the same place they host the clothes road show and the venue is massive. Too far for me to travel though so I've just been looking for good deals online etc and our mothercare is waiting for a closing date so I'm waiting for that to go get the last bits.

It's good that she is being positive it's still possible for baby to be born live and well at that stage so it's the best way to be. But yeah I agree when alone she probably is scared because it's still very daunting to go through.

My maternity pay is now being calculated so I have a very busy 6 weeks as taking as many hours as I can do. It's also the end of the tax year so if I can get a higher pay it means I will get a higher bonus. If I'm a bit inactive this will be why. Will still update you all after my scan on Friday and will be reading when I can just may not respond.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: March 17, 2019, 04:24:31 AM »
I really couldn’t pick big/expensive items online. We bought a baby bed that’s 5in1, it starts as a bedside crib for cosleeping and it just extends and grows with a baby until age 5. We will be wanting another child sooner than that but the second one will get to use it all the way. Neither mothercare or mamas and papas had anything like that and for such good price!

Does tesco pay additional maternity pay on top of the statutory maternity pay?

Offline Settledgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: March 17, 2019, 06:23:01 PM »
All my prayers are with your family Angela sending all positive vibes and hugs your way. And thank you ria !

Quick question which is really bugging me.
Am I TTC correctly so I've been tracking for over a year and I always believed that you had sex the days leading up to your blazing positive opk which I have always done and a few days after anyway I just read that it's not the days leading up to it from when you get the first positive opk but it actually when you get your first positive opk it's them three days including that day onwards.

So example I've got my positive opk today, and me and my other half having been doing the deed and we last had sex Friday night around midnight. As be had a flight to catch for a business meeting Saturday morning does this mean I could missed my chance ?? Normally I do it leading up to and after I just wondered if basically this month was out the window!

XX