Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 89739 times)

Offline Nikkilou

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #4425 on: July 05, 2019, 03:06:50 am »

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: July 05, 2019, 05:37:27 am »

Offline Nikkilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: July 05, 2019, 06:55:06 am »

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: July 05, 2019, 07:20:12 am »

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: July 05, 2019, 07:52:05 am »
Hi ladies,

Nikkilou, so glad your little one is doing well and still going strong. I agree WITH Angela, give yourself time to mourn the baby's you lost but also start to enjoy and look forward to your little one.

Angela, glad you are doing well and that everything is fine, I know someone who's baby messes around like what you have said it's always on a Thursday afternoon but not every week. She's put it down to she takes her son swimming and baby just must not like the atmosphere but obviously it is warmer around a pool. Obviously she still goes to get checked. I think we're lucky we've only ever had to go in once.

So I'm 35 weeks tomorrow, I seen my midwife yesterday who agreed with me in thinking I would have a new scan so is going to try get me booked in for one with my original consultant as he did originally want me to have growth scans. She said they may not agree as babys growth has been fine and was measuring back on his line yesterday. We have our health visitor appointment booked as she also chased that up for me. Plus I contacted our hospital that we will be staying at with baby and they have arranged a appointment for us to go sit down with the cardiologists and possibly the surgeon but he doesn't think he will make it so that we can discuss stem cell treatment and the extra heart defect. The defect they wrote down was a VSD which is a hole inside the heart, it isn't life threatening and says online it should correct itself but they didnt talk to us about it and they didn't take measurements. I am wondering if when we're at the hospital for our appointment if maybe they will request a scan or do one to be able to look into it but I'm not sure.

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: July 05, 2019, 09:37:20 am »

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: July 05, 2019, 12:15:52 pm »

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: July 05, 2019, 08:16:03 pm »
Yeah I definitely feel a lot more together now Angela, had a few days of feeling in the dark and a lot of tears but now back to feeling positive.

Missdyan, we're still a little in the dark with this bit as we won't know till he's born. What we do know is he will go into the theatre next door and they will scan his heart, then either go straight into surgery or put his drip in and organise for it to be done with his second procedure. It's also a possibility that they will do a heart cath and insert a balloon instead which is a lot less risk then open heart surgery. Either way he will have his surgery at around 7 days and another at 6 months (this is the one we're requesting to add stem cell treatment too) and then when he's between 3-5. It's also a possibility at any point they could decide on a heart transplant too, it's a very rare condition so there is so much not know and every baby racts differently.

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: July 06, 2019, 04:56:13 am »

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: July 06, 2019, 06:51:38 am »

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: July 06, 2019, 07:14:55 am »

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: July 06, 2019, 02:10:54 pm »
Yeah I wonder how others are doing too it could be since the app messed up as I can not access this through the app anymore and it's not that easy to find online.

We are having our section on the 1st August and hoping he doesn't need any surgery or just possibly the balloon so it's easier on his body as otherwise 2 OHS in a week or so would be really hard on his little body. My friend from my support group had her heart warrior last night, he's got the same conditions as Leo but not as severe so she was allowed a natural birth and he is doing well which is giving us a lot of hope too.

Missdyan, happy birthday to Berk and yeah it won't be long now till he's walking. We have already started talking about trying again after Leo, this time we're going with the flow no keeping track or anything. I don't think age is a massive factor especially with Berk only being 1, my mum was 39 when my little brother was born. I was 17 and she's said its easier in a lot of ways and it's helped her to become a lot healthier. If your worried on what people will think they will have an opinion no matter what, my mum was a young mum with me and my older brother and was judged and is judged for being a older mum now. I've had people ask me do I not think I should of waited longer and I'm 22, I finished my education bar my last year which I want to do after starting a family as it starts my career (teaching) and I've had time to enjoy myself. Everyone decides at different times in their lives when they are ready to have a baby and if age is the only thing stopping you then I would go for it.

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: July 08, 2019, 11:39:32 am »

Offline Missdyan

• View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: July 08, 2019, 12:03:44 pm »

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: July 08, 2019, 03:37:38 pm »