Author Topic: TTC buddy  (Read 94336 times)

Offline Nikkilou

• View Profile
Re: TTC buddy
« Reply #4470 on: August 31, 2019, 12:00:17 pm »
Thanks Angelafox and missdyan I’m lucky I have support here. Sounds like you have your hands full Missdyan and how amazing for baby Berk with the three languages my goodness that’s so amazing!

Offline Knzault

• View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: September 03, 2019, 07:29:33 pm »
Hey everyone! I was active on this board when trying for my first baby in 2016! I had my baby girl on Christmas Day 2017! And I back to try for my second baby! I am currently 7 dpo. I got my nexplanon implant removed 2 weeks ago and ovulated one week later! I love this forum and it’s nice to see familiar names! How is everyone? Where are you all at in your journeys?

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: September 03, 2019, 08:55:47 pm »
Hi Knzault - welcome back :-) i was on this forum back when you had your baby. After started trying back in June 2017 and 2 losses later we finally welcomed our baby girl into this world 8 days ago. Good luck in your ttc journey!

Offline Knzault

• View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: September 03, 2019, 09:14:20 pm »
Angelafox, congratulations! Soak up all those baby cuddles, it goes by in the blink of an eye!

Offline Nikkilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: September 04, 2019, 09:07:13 pm »
Welcome back Knzault. How long did it take you to conceive baby no 1? Hopefully no 2 will be an easy journey for you.
I’m currently 21weeks with baby no 1 and it’s been quite a journey to get here.
Angela how is beautiful little Evie doing? And how are you doing?

Offline Nikkilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: September 05, 2019, 06:57:02 am »
Hi ladies I have a question. How many weeks pregnant were you when you starting buying things for baby?

Offline Knzault

• View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: September 05, 2019, 10:15:49 am »
It took us 9 months to conceive our first! I’m hoping it’s faster this time but we will see!

I started buying things here and there after I found out the gender. I waited until after my shower to buy big things. But I did put money away every week for stuff for baby.

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: September 06, 2019, 12:04:58 am »
We are food Nikkilou, thank you, tired but good. Feeding seems to be improving and I am hoping to drop off top ups very soon and have her exclusively on the breast.

We bought first item for Evie when we had good 13w scan. Then when I was 16w there happened to be a baby show on and since they had deals on and everything in one place we went there and bought some big items. I probably would of bought big stuff later but couldn’t pass opportunity. And then was buying stuff as and when. I would start watching out for things you want and for the best price as babies cost a fortune!

Offline Nikkilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: September 06, 2019, 05:30:58 am »
So glad to hear you both are well Angela. Having a baby is such a life changing event and everyone copes differently. I think the lack of sleep and trying to get into a routine is a big shock to the system.
Thanks ladies for your input. I am 22 weeks tomorrow and have not bought a single item out of fear that I might jinx it and lose bub. I know it’s my anxiety of course with everything that’s happen thus far but I really want to start enjoying this pregnancy. So I was thinking I might start buying things from now and whatever is going to happen is going to happen right!
Ria you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are coping ok.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: September 07, 2019, 10:23:19 pm »
 Hi ladies, I have thought about reading through or writing something over the past few weeks and I just found it too hard.
Tonight I've finally been able to, Angela so happy to hear you have your baby girl and that you are found a way with feeding. Hope everything else is going okay.
Nikkilou, glad things are going well now and that you are starting to feel more movement, just keep taking thing day at a time. We bought stuff for Leo from being about 9 weeks as I knew no matter what way it happened or when one day I would be a mum.
Knzault, I feel like I recognise your name, I first came to this group in 2015 so maybe I was around during your first ttc journey.
Missdyan, hope things are going well with you, Berk sound lush.
So update on where we are, we buried Leo on the 2nd, it was so hard to see him for the last time that morning and I just didn't want to leave. We had a good turn out of support and have done well to raise money to cover costs and to get some bits for the PICU Leo was in. We are putting together a basket of stuff for the nurses and I am making boxes up for new babies and parents going into the ward at birth. We had an amazing box to make memories with but I feel like it's important to make those memories from day one not just at the end. My partner has started college to help him do something while off work and I start my masters later this month. We are also raising awareness for Leo's condition as we hadn't heard of any of them and he was such a rare case, so far we have been in our local paper and the Sun online, we also have a contract with a media agent and could possibly having a TV interview to help us raise awareness as that is something so important to our family. When it comes to ttc, it is advised to wait 6 months but I have healed very well so far so my doctor has said we could be okay sooner as he understands how wary I am of contraceptives. I'm also arranging to have a heart scan to just check I have no underlying issues as it's playing on my mind and I am asking at my 6 weeks check to have a scan to make sure my scaring is healing well on the inside and to check my cysts due to cramping pain the past few days.

Hope everyone is doing okay xx

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: September 08, 2019, 07:11:09 am »
You are such a brave person Ria! Well done you for raising awareness, Leo would be proud of his mummy and daddy. Glad to hear you are keeping yourself busy too. Big hugs xx

Offline Nikkilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: September 08, 2019, 09:57:02 am »
Oh Ria I can’t even begin to imagine the pain you and your partner are going through. I’m so glad to hear Leo got to have the beautiful send off he deserved. You are an incredibly strong woman. I’m glad you are raising awareness for the cause. It’s definitely not something I had heard about before. I hope each day brings a little more peace into your hearts. Are you concerned about your heart because of this issue or it’s something that has bothered you for a bit? Could the pain you are experiencing be ovulation pain? Stay strong mumma x

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: September 11, 2019, 05:36:26 am »
Thank you ladies, my heart is a bit of both I think. We had our genetics tested when pregnant and they couldn't see anything wrong in our genetics but a lot of heart condition can't be seen in chromosomes so I want to be checked. I have suffered most of my life with anxiety and have what's always been assumed as anxiety attacks so I just want to know. I have never had pain with ovulation but it is possible. I do think it may have been period pains as the women around me were all on around the same time so think my body was trying as had like orangy blood in my discharge. Sorry for tmi. My 6 week appointments today so hopefully will get more information and hopefully he will refer me to a gynae to just check everything as I have had cysts burst in the past, hope your all okay xx

Offline Nikkilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: September 14, 2019, 08:28:55 am »
Ria I hope your check up went ok and you got the referral you were wanting. I’m sure everything will work out ok with your heart and it’s just the anxiety. I have had anxiety and depression for a long time so I know how difficult it can be. Considering everything you have been through recently I think it would be only natural to have the anxiety that you do. Don’t be too had in yourself about it. Cognitive behavioural therapy is what has helped me in the past cope with mine. Though I don’t think anything can help with the anxiety of this pregnancy. I am really trying to be calm but if I don’t feel him move for x amount of time then my anxiety is next level.

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: September 15, 2019, 11:13:00 am »
Yeah my anxiety was really high during pregnancy. I have suffered with anxiety since being young but I've never really spoke to doctors or anything about it because I don't want to be medicated. My check up was annoying I didn't feel comfortable so didn't ask about the heart scan. Don't know if it's just me but felt he was a bit insensitive as he read my file before I went in but was sat there with a big picture of his twins on his desk, he told me to call my fertility clinic to ask about if we are eligible for ivf if needed in future and to ask about if I can have a check on my ovaries. He said if they won't do it which they won't because we will need referred again but he said to try call first then to go to the drop in centre and see a gynae at the sexual health clinic but I wanted a referral so I don't have to explain things. I'm going to try see a different doctor this week I think. I've also been getting sharp little pains unsure if it's ovulation, normal or what but it's similar to the implantation pains I had with Leo so now I'm a bit worried that it's too soon.