Author Topic: Speaking of Homosexuality...  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Mrs.singletary161

• View Profile
Re: Speaking of Homosexuality...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2017, 08:18:56 PM »
Haha!

Offline LlamaGurl4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 01:28:27 AM »
Yeah thats my fourth lol

Offline Pixie_styxx2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 03:49:31 AM »
I agree with you pixie. I LOVED (and still do) beauty and the beast growing up and now they have to go and ruin it lol. It won't be the same without animation and why do they have to go and put all that gay junk in it ugh

The 'gay junk' was in the original they've just elaborated on it more now and made it more obvious! The only reason I won't watch it is because Beast just looks like a super hairy guy and I'm just not keen on how they've done it. Regardless of there being a gay scene or gay guys, that's not really relevant and doesn't change the story much it's just two gay guys nothing bad about that

Offline LlamaGurl4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2017, 07:09:16 PM »
Do they kiss or jold hands or anything like that? Cos if its just the short guy saying to the narcissistic arsehole (I forget names) that he likes him then it mustn't me too bad.

Offline Pixie_styxx2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 12:52:34 AM »
What wrong with two guys kissing and holding hands on screen?

Offline Nicole2802

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 12:08:34 PM »
^^^because some people may not want to see that especially in a family movie

Offline Pixie_styxx2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 01:15:40 PM »
But it's ok for a straight couple to kiss on screen in a family movie?

Offline Nicole2802

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 03:42:06 PM »
A lot of people still think being gay is wrong or inappropriate and others may be okay with being gay but just don't want to watch the movie because the original didn't have any gays in it

Offline Pixie_styxx2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 04:33:12 PM »
I understand some people may have different views of it but if the two guys are just holding hands or kissing then there isn't a problem it is an onscreen romance between two people! If they got their dicks out and started fisting each other than yes there would be a problem and it would be 'gross'. However I'm fairly sure belle and the beast kiss? So it's not seen as gross for a girl to be kissing what is essentially a bear but gross when two humans kiss lmao! I'm personally not gay, and I personally don't like public displays of affection and when watching to or movies I cringe even when two straight people kiss lol but I'd never shame a movie for showing love in a different format. And it's Disney, disney created the original so there was probably hints of gay in there anyway we were just too young to understand.

Offline Nicole2802

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 06:56:48 PM »
First of all I never shamed the movie. Second of all, no the original movie did not have gay hints or a gay character. Most of the headlines in the media over this new movie are for example "Disney's first gay character." ( I saw that headline the other day) I personally don't see why they had to change it and make a political statement. In my opinion if Disney wants to make a political statement make a new movie with someone gay in it or whatever else Disney wants to show support for, but don't mess with the classics. I'm still going to watch it and I'm sure it's going to be good. I would have just preferred for Disney to keep to the original movie.

Offline Periodstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »
Lots of Disney movies have gay characters  sprinkled in, you wouldn't have even noticed with the new movie it's only because of the publicity.

"A quick graze of the internet will provide fan theories to feed any hunches you’ve long felt about the happy-go-lucky companionship of Timon and Pumbaa, and their effective adoption of baby Simba, in The Lion King – or indeed the foppish villainy of the same film’s Scar, an alpha lion who has never found a mate in the pride. Same goes for Baloo, the nurturing, carefree single bear of The Jungle Book, or the coy, eyelash-batting male skunk who introduces himself to young fawn Bambi with the immortal words, “You can call me Flower if you want to.” A few playful Disney animators have even teased us with queer allusions of their own: the character design of Ursula, the vampy, spectacularly tentacled sea witch of The Little Mermaid, was famously modelled on superstar drag queen Divine."

Also I haven't seen it but what about Elsa from Frozen?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2017/mar/03/beauty-and-the-beast-gay-disney-movie

Offline Nicole2802

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 09:11:13 PM »
a lot of those examples are fans turning it into what they want I would bet that the creators of those movies didnt have those intentions

Offline XCharlieX

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2017, 12:01:50 AM »
Hold on just a moment. Periodstuff.

U haven't seen frozen ?!

Offline Periodstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 01:51:15 AM »
Hold on just a moment. Periodstuff.

U haven't seen frozen ?!

I know! Pretty crazy I've managed to miss that. One kids too old and the others too young

Offline Pixie_styxx2.0

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 04:00:59 AM »
Do u realise how much sexual induendo is in Disney? How many sexual references are in all their films! In frozen Anna tells the blonde haired guy how she doesn't care about the size of her future husbands penis. And the sexualisation of Pocahontas and the little mermaid, look at how Pocahontas is drawn up: curvy, big bum big boobs...she's 11! The little mermaid wearing a tiny clam shell bra, curvy...she was 15. And that's just the tip of the iceberg! And as for political correctness? They have been doing that for years! Princess Tiana: their first black princess! Princess Moana: their first Polynesian princess! Mulan: only princess that didn't need a man to save her! There are plenty of hidden messages and political correctness that ARENT fan theories! Your getting so worked up over a gay couple why? Because u don't want kids to c it? But y don't u want children to see mutual love between two consenting adults? U realise kids don't view homosexuality as wrong or immoral they don't view black as being a weeker race! It's only when an adult sits and watches said movies with them and in comes a gay couple and the adult immediately goes 'eww how wrong' we as adults plant negativity into the minds of our children we condition them to think gay is wrong to think black people are scum to think they are are better for being a certain colour or having certain amounts of money! Why the big kick up its two people in love and honestly the story is not about the gay couple they are in the background! The story is about a woman who falls in love with a beast!