Author Topic: First Abortion  (Read 772 times)

Offline feministfabulous

• View Profile
First Abortion
« on: March 08, 2017, 12:21:03 AM »
I realize this topic is extremely controversial, but I am in dire need of some feedback. I recently found out that I am pregnant and after much thought, I have decided to get an abortion. I have talked to my boyfriend of 3 years and he is extremely supportive, we both realized that we cannot care for a baby right now. Our careers are just taking off and we are both extremely busy. I am not looking to get talked out of getting the procedure, the decision is final, but I just wanted to know if anyone on here has had an abortion. If so, what should I expect? Any tips? Thanks!

Offline XCharlieX

• View Profile
Re: First Abortion
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 12:28:24 AM »
I've never had one..... but just personal opinion.... if you're set on the idea, which clearly u are, just get it done quickly. I am pro choice so no judgement from me. I'd much rather, if u can't care and support a baby right now that u go down the road you're choosing ... but babies grow very quickly inside of u. Just know that even though u are dead set on the idea..... there will still be things you'll need to deal with emotionally afterwards. I have a friend who has had an abortion in the past and she too knew it was what she needed to do at the time. It still had quite an effect on her once it was done. X

Offline XCharlieX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 12:29:39 AM »
Also, how far along are u? That will decide what method will be used

Offline Mrs.singletary161

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 12:32:16 AM »
I'm pro choice as well. I never had one done as this is my first pregnancy but if you think this is the right choice then go for it I actually respect you for thinking about your decision and not thinking about yourself but thinking about the baby. And not letting the baby suffer from what you can't afford for the baby

Offline feministfabulous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 12:33:59 AM »
I am five weeks into the pregnancy so not very far along. And yes, I have heard that it can hurt a woman's mental health after, but I have also heard that the majority of women come out of the procedure just fine. Hoping for the best. Thank you for responding.

Online Periodstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 01:33:59 AM »
It depends where you live and what the law is. If you're in America I believe some states can be pretty mean like MAKING you look at the scan and having to listen to the heart. Also having to wait x amount of days and doing counceling. Also make sure you're careful if you seek out a so called support group. Some are religious groups in disguise that show you photos of "what your baby looks like" but they are scans of babies much further along to make you feel guilty and not have one. Also be weary of what doctor you see as they don't HAVE to refer you if they are against it. Best bet is Planned parenthood they are non judgmental and will give you all the info and support you need. This early on you can take an abortion pill.

Offline feministfabulous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 02:18:34 AM »
Luckily I live in California where those awful restrictions have not been implemented. Honestly they say it is for the woman's benefit, but it really is just an inconvenience and totally unnecessary. There is not doubt in my mind that I will be going to Planned Parenthood, I have been there multiple times for check ups and birth control, I absolutely LOVE Planned Parenthood.

Offline Youngblood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 08:50:52 AM »
This is your choice to make 100% but I am prolife so I will be praying for you and your decision please take into mind the way you feel after your abortion and if you start to feel any different about your choice please go to a pregnancy clinic around you. As I said before this is your choice so you can chose to ignore me on what I said or take into mind what I just said.
   The best of luck to you!!!!!!

Offline XCharlieX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 09:13:13 AM »
Young blood you've surprised me, in a good way ! You're pro life, that's fine, but good on u for also respecting this lady in that it's her decision.

Offline violet-rain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 10:38:09 AM »
Lots of love from me, feminist. <3 There is a number of women who have zero regrets about their abortions. I hope that you don't face regret, because it sounds like you're making the right decision for you. It sounds like you know exactly what you want to do, and good on you for having the courage to ask for advice. I can't give much, but you have good feelz from me, lol. Good luck to you :)

Offline feministfabulous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 11:11:57 AM »
Lots of love from me, feminist. <3 There is a number of women who have zero regrets about their abortions. I hope that you don't face regret, because it sounds like you're making the right decision for you. It sounds like you know exactly what you want to do, and good on you for having the courage to ask for advice. I can't give much, but you have good feelz from me, lol. Good luck to you :)
thank you so much for the support! I am very confident in my decision. I have also talked to a few women that do not regret getting an abortion so I am positive I will be just fine :)

Offline Socks33

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 02:45:35 PM »
This is your choice to make 100% but I am prolife so I will be praying for you and your decision please take into mind the way you feel after your abortion and if you start to feel any different about your choice please go to a pregnancy clinic around you. As I said before this is your choice so you can chose to ignore me on what I said or take into mind what I just said.
   The best of luck to you!!!!!!

This is The most respectful prolife opinion put across I've ever seen. Good on you for not being an asshat about it! If only others tried to put their opinions forward in such a great way.

Offline belleCorgi01

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 02:40:33 AM »
Best of luck. Xxxx

Offline Kayla17

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 04:36:32 PM »
I'm prolife but this is your decision. If you feel this is right for you, your partner, and the baby then you do what you think is best. I will hope an pray God shows you the right decision at the right time. And I applaud you for not just thinking about yourself. Most women just think about what they want and end up regretting it in the long run. Best of luck to you ;)

Offline violet-rain

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 08:22:58 PM »
thank you so much for the support! I am very confident in my decision. I have also talked to a few women that do not regret getting an abortion so I am positive I will be just fine :)

More power to you!! :)