Author Topic: Gift  (Read 211 times)

Offline Rubyloo

• View Profile
Gift
« on: May 21, 2017, 04:39:17 AM »
My bestfriend nephew passed away, he was 2 days old. I want to get her a small gift but I have no idea what would be appropriate. I knew her sisters too and feel I should get her something too as it was her child. Any ideas?

Offline Pip240417

• View Profile
Re: Gift
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:29:01 AM »
I know it's different as my baby didn't make it until full term, but I had to terminate at 7 weeks due to medical complications. It was a very much wanted baby. My partner and I chose a teddy bear for the baby and a photo frame for the 6wk scan picture, and my friends just sent me a card. To be honest, there's not much that will help at this point, for the mother I would suggest a card saying sorry for your loss, and maybe a pretty photo frame which she can keep a picture of the baby in? That could work for your friend too as a gift. The photo frame that our scan is in is just a little one with 'little star' written at the bottom, because our baby is a little star in heaven now. As the baby was born it is likely that she already has a sentimental teddy to keep with her. I'd say a photo frame is your best bet.

Offline Tinker_bell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:00:25 AM »
Get her anything that would not remind her of the baby. Something completely different and probably something that would keep her mind off of it even if that means for a day or so. I wouldn't get something that would make her feel more emotional about her child/nephews death. Give them a ticket to a vacation maybe? Or maybe give them a little surprise and take them out to a nice place where atleast for that day they won't be thinking about the baby. Idk tbh but anything that won't remind them of the baby. They know what they lost and the last thing they'd want is someone reminding them of their loss.. :)

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:00:25 AM »

Offline Shorty419

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 09:18:53 AM »
We have a keep sake box for my son. I lost him at 18 weeks and all of the cards and flowers that people got us is kept in there along with the birthday cards and candles we use every year for his birthday. My best friend got a keep sake musical snow globe that has his name and birthday on it that we keep next to him (we had him cremated) that I absolutely love. My sister in law bought us a little willow figurine of parents holding a baby that we keep next to him as well. Honestly cards with a little note in it helped me a lot if you actually want to get an actual gift having a something with the name and birthday engraved in it is nice too.

Offline XCharlieX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 09:44:11 AM »
Do u know of any small businesses that make frames up? There are so many of them here and they all have Facebook pages. A couple of my friends do them and I've done some for my own house too. I'm talking a box frame maybe... with a nice quote inside? U could even add a little picture and the babies name and birthday. A nice background behind it all.  They're so popular here xx