Author Topic: Falling asleep faster  (Read 747 times)

Offline Maggie Greene

• View Profile
Falling asleep faster
« on: May 21, 2017, 06:59:56 PM »
Hi guys
I'm having a hard going I sleep ad some nights I'm up half the night and I still can't fall asleep.
If any of you have any suggestions please let me ASAP.

Offline Pip240417

• View Profile
Re: Falling asleep faster
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 03:20:37 AM »
I sometimes get panicky when trying to fall asleep at night, so I use Rescue Remedy. It's difficult sometimes to use the droplets at night so they do 'gummy Stars' which you can just chew on. I take a couple if I'm getting anxious and I'm asleep within 20 mins. X

Offline Maggie Greene

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 03:24:33 AM »
Thanks. Do you know where I can get them?

Offline Pip240417

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 03:27:36 AM »
I bought them on Amazon, just type in rescue remedy gummy stars x

Offline Pip240417

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 03:28:47 AM »
There's also certain scents that work. Look online for them. I used to have a little spray bottle of lavender that I'd spray on my pillow and it would help relax me to fall asleep x

Offline Maggie Greene

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 03:39:37 AM »
Ok ill try it out
Thanks again. 

Offline G123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 04:39:36 PM »
Yes I heard the same about Lavender oil on a pillow. Also maybe try to do something relaxing before bed like have a bath or shower or read or listen to some music. Don't eat or take caffeine right before bed. Also going on your phone too much the white light in smartphones are known to keep you awake I know on iPhones you can slide up and click the "night shift" button, it will take the white light away. And most of all, if you are getting frustrated with yourself trying to sleep you are better off getting up and doing something like walking around a little or reading because upsetting yourself is the worst thing to do. Try get some soft ear plugs can block out any sound, and try to not lie in too late in the morning because it can affect your sleep the next night. I hope this helps :) x

Offline Youngblood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 10:36:51 PM »
Yes what G123 said is very true especially about iPhones or TVs or computers tablets or smart watches I guess they contain blue light and slow down your natural melatonin process (melatonin is the stuff that makes you sleepy) so it's best to stay off electronics an hour before bed. You can also take melatonin pills at night they help me a lot on the nights before swim meets when I'm nervous. Also this is just sorta a random fact but if we were to replace all drinks with water slowly we wouldn't need to sleep as much or eat as much, our skin would become brighter and healthier, and we would be much happier I'm sure. Staying hydrated also helps you sleep because your body can function easier when your sleeping if you are hydrated. You could also try changing your sleeping position to your left side I heard that helps for some reason unknown to me...
Hope I helped a little!!!!!
-Youngblood❤️

Offline Mrs.singletary161

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 06:21:49 AM »
What helps me fall asleep fast is heavy rain with thunderstorm sounds. That puts me out like a light I've slept through hailstorms and a tornando before well not fully cause my mom wooluld always wake me up and get me away from windows but I always ended up falling back asleep lol. Try listening to that to see if that helps.

Offline Ruby1999

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 07:51:54 AM »
You could try having lavender smell. It helps me relax and calm down and ends up sending me to sleep faster than usually and I'm not tossing and turning as much either with it

Offline BettieHenry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 02:10:06 AM »
Are you still facing the problem?