Author Topic: Nail biting!!  (Read 755 times)

Offline wozabel

• View Profile
Nail biting!!
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:20:54 AM »
Every period I really bite my nails and they don't have time to recover by the time my next period comes round so they look really short and unhealthy. Any suggestions on how to stop??
Btw I've tried nail biting lotion and it doesn't work.

Offline Tinker_bell

• View Profile
Re: Nail biting!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 06:04:17 AM »
That's just gross. All the dirty bacteria thats going in your mouth.. errghh. That itself should put you off and if it doesn't then I don't know what else will...

Offline RosesAndPoses

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 10:08:21 AM »
Nail polish, even just clear coats. If the nail biting lotion stuff didn't work you might wanna think about buying chewlery, chewy jewellery. I bit my nails a lot and the chewlery really helped. They're typically aimed at autistics and people with ADHD and stuff but really anyone can have them. Plus some are super cute :D A site called Stimtastic has some really good ones, the blossom pendant is the one I have and the edge petals are similar to the same pressure and thickness and stuff of biting nails. Etsy has some good stuff too, just give it a google. Good luck :)

Offline wozabel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »
Thanks so much will try the polish and chewelery hopefully this will work
Xx

Offline Youngblood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 04:12:29 PM »
You could also try replacing nail biting with like chewing gum or something so like every time you feel like you need to buy your nails you just pop a piece of gum in your mouth. I bite my nails a lot too but I'm getting better by chewing gum it helped me a lot. Good luck

Offline wozabel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 10:16:26 AM »
Thanks Youngblood. Good luck to you too
Xx

Offline G123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 07:04:20 PM »
You can buy this nail varnish that's just clear but when you bite your nail it tastes really sour or something so it turns you off it ! Look it up and give it a try! Don't know names or anything because I've never bitten my nails but my friend has and this worked for her !

Cococandy05

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 04:17:59 PM »
I would always bit my nails even when I was a little kid but I stopped this year cuz I found out that it helps if u put like  garlic on the top of ur fingertips cuz it's a discussing tast.

ThatEmoKat

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 02:45:52 PM »
I’ve always bite my nails, at one stage, about 5 weeks ago, I didn’t bite them for 2 weeks, but the edges get soooooo annoying! But I can’t put any nail polish on my nails because I do Cadets and I can’t have chewellery to stop myself, you can’t eat at all at Cadets and it’s not a medical thing.
At Cadets is where I do it most.
I hate it. I always look at my friends’ nails and I just yearn for beautiful nails too.
And the thing that sucks, I have fat fingers.
Even half the boys I meet have better nails than me :(
I really need a suggestion, I did ask for fake nails, but you can’t have them for Cadets either. Anything is welcome. xx
Thanks in advance!

Offline Sadies0723

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 03:52:29 PM »
I suggest fake nails it has really helped me

ThatEmoKat

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 03:08:05 PM »
I suggest fake nails it has really helped me
As I said, cadets don’t allow it. Any other suggestions?

Offline Princess shannon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »
I used to always bite my nails but then got gel and u cnt bite them and after a while when you take them off they are long it thought me not to bite my nails because I liked my nails long and it was nearly the same length as my gel when they came off