Author Topic: Ugh :(  (Read 895 times)

Offline Olivia100916

• View Profile
Ugh :(
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:37:13 PM »
I just found out i was pregnant. I told my boyfriend He is so happy .  Im 18 he is 21.  But i am so scared its hard to be excited.  We have wanted a baby. But rn im so scared he is thinking I don't want the baby. Of course i want the baby. Im stressed and he doesn't under stand. Is this normal?  Things are going through my head like "should we have waited ". "Will i be a good mom" i just don't know what to do with myself.  Help!  Any advice is welcome. And ladies that comment thank you in advance!  ~Olivia

Offline Mrs.singletary161

• View Profile
Re: Ugh :(
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 04:42:17 PM »
It's normal to be scared all first time moms are scared my daughter will be here in 8w and 1d and I'm terrified that I won't be a good mom.

Offline Olivia100916

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »
Im glad im not the only one!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 08:36:54 PM »
It's ok to be scared though like you feel like your not gonna be a good mom and that you aren't gonna have all the things he or she needs. If you haven't already go ahead and go on wic so that way you have all three nutrients you need I just got on wic because hubby hadn't had the time to take me to apply until today

Offline Olivia100916

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 08:53:43 PM »
What is Wic?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:04:42 PM »
It's where you can get vouchers which is money you take them to any store and whatever is on the voucher you have to get you don't have to pay for the stuff all you have to do is hand them the voucher and you sign it when she gets done scanning it.

Offline Olivia100916

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 06:35:46 AM »
Okay! 

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »
Are you in the US

Offline Olivia100916

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 12:30:29 PM »
Yes! I called the health department! I don't have insurance so i called and im getting that and she said as soon as you are signed up for that we will get you signed up for Wic!

Offline Shorty419

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 12:39:40 PM »
Do you not have insurance because you don't have a job or you have a job but they don't offer it? It's normal to feel the way you do but for 2 people who seem to want a baby you don't necessarily seem to have it together.

Offline Olivia100916

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 12:48:45 PM »
  I live in Georgia. It's extremely hard to get insurance.  Once you become pregnant they provide insurance. We really are fine money wise. Im just a worrier.

Offline Shorty419

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 02:20:54 PM »
Actually it isn't that hard to get insurance in the states and honestly if you are good money wise you should have insurance through the ACA which everyone in the US is required to have. The only reason why you qualify for Medicaid is because you are pregnant and don't have insurance, which means the state (the tax payers) then pay for your pregnancy care. Which if you were good money wise you shouldn't need that help and should have insurance.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything it just really irritates me when younger people who can barely care of themselves get pregnant on purpose or because they are careless and then look to the government and government programs to bail them out. While those of us that make just enough to not qualify for that assistance but are making it due by having to be creative on how we manage our money struggle.

For my husband and I and our son to have health insurance we are paying $700 a month just to have it. Not to mention the $5,000 deductible that we have to pay before the insurance will cover anything and even after that is met the insurance company will only cover 30%. Which means once I have this little one my total bill I have to pay will be well over $10,000 for what I owe the insurance and then the hospital for what my insurance doesn't cover.

All of this on top of rent, lights and gas, car payment, cell payment, insurance for our cars, groceries, gas for our cars, child care.

If you are either dumb enough not to take precautions or want to be "adult" and decide you are ready for a baby then you shouldn't be using the government as a crutch.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 04:13:02 PM »
Her job may not offer it. Olivia I'm in GA as well I know how hard it is to get insurance here some parts of Georgia is very hard to get insurance and with wic I didn't have to show insurance all I had to do was show them a proof of address my ID and hubbys LES which is how much he makes

Offline Olivia100916

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 04:32:18 PM »
Thank you for understanding! And helping he explain that! Thats what she told me to bing!

Offline Olivia100916

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 04:33:02 PM »
What part of Georgia are you in?