Author Topic: Ugh :(  (Read 756 times)

Offline Shorty419

• View Profile
Re: Ugh :(
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 04:45:50 PM »
If your job does not offer insurance you should have signed up through the healthcare marketplace between November and January. Everyone is required to have health insurance in the U. S. and if you don't you are assessed a fine when you do your income taxes. If you choose not to sign up for ACA for whatever reason and chose to get pregnant without insurance that's just absolutely irresponsible.

Offline Mrs.singletary161

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 04:56:11 PM »
I am in Kingsbay GA

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 04:58:31 PM »
And she isn't being irresponsible shorty again in some parts of GA it is very very very hard to get insurance as there are hardly any jobs available she could be living in a very small town like I did when I was growing up. Only reason why I had insurance as a kid was because my dad was in the army and me having insurance now is because of my husband being in the Marine Corps.

Offline XCharlieX

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 05:06:37 PM »
So you're saying, for example, if somebody is living in a very small town where there are "hardly any jobs" that it's NOT irresponsible to plan a baby?

Offline Shorty419

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 05:09:07 PM »
And she isn't being irresponsible shorty again in some parts of GA it is very very very hard to get insurance as there are hardly any jobs available she could be living in a very small town like I did when I was growing up. Only reason why I had insurance as a kid was because my dad was in the army and me having insurance now is because of my husband being in the Marine Corps.

By your response it shows you have absolutely no clue what ACA or as it's also know as Obamacare is or how it works or what is federally mandated. ANYONE in the United States can sign up for ACA. If you don't have a job, which you shouldn't even be talking about having a child or trying to have a child for that matter if that's the case, but they severely discount the price of insurance so it's affordable for lower income people. Where you live and weather or not there are jobs have absolutely nothing to do with it.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 05:12:28 PM »
No I've never heard of ACA and trump got rid of Obamacare

Offline Shorty419

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2017, 05:20:48 PM »
ACA is Obamacare and Trump is looking to modify it. But the point I was making is that she should have had insurance before trying to get pregnant and that it is immature and irresponsible to knowingly get pregnant and not have a means of providing for your own health care. That relying on the government and the tax payers, like myself, to pay for her pregnancy care is just completely irresponsible. My husband and I make too much money to qualify for that assistance and have to pay the astronomical amounts of money out of pocket for my pregnancy care and to have insurance. But we do what we have to to provide without government assistance.

If you can't provide in every way possible for another person without assistance why would you choose to have a baby? If 2 people make just enough money to care for themselves why bring another person into the world that you can not completely provide for? If you live in a small town that has very little opportunity why not try and better yourself and better your chances of providing a better life for your family and children before having a baby instead of relying on government handouts?

Offline Knzault

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2017, 05:40:34 PM »
Insurance IS really expensive and hard to afford. And honestly she will get it figured out. Im sure you will be a great mom and provide everything that baby will need.

Offline Shorty419

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 05:59:10 PM »
Insurance IS really expensive and hard to afford. And honestly she will get it figured out. Im sure you will be a great mom and provide everything that baby will need.

It is hard to AFFORD but not to get. Again my point being is if you chose to get pregnant knowing you didn't have insurance or couldn't afford insurance then you shouldn't be seeking out government handouts. I didn't get any government assistance when I got pregnant with my son and I didn't get any this time around. I am having to pay high insurance premiums and high out of pocket costs on my own. I have to make it work with no assistance.

Offline TickledIvory

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 07:35:48 PM »
Absolutely agree with you Shorty. Just goes to show these young girls have no clue how their own country's insurance system works. They see others having free handouts and it looks good so everyone jumps on the bandwagon without considering WHO had to pay for the cost of THEIR healthcare. Mrs. S and Olivia, say thank you to Shorty for being a responsible adult who contributes to society so that YOU can have "free" (to you) healthcare.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2017, 09:13:42 PM »
Um excuse me I have insurance from the MILITARY! Im not on Medicare I am on tricare so next time you put MY name in something make sure you read what I have said I have been on Tricare my whole entire life because of my parents being military and now my husband so I am not on ANY handouts

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2017, 09:19:40 PM »
My husband is in the infantry for the Marine Corps I have mentioned this MANY MANY times tickled. So thank you for bashing ME

Offline TickledIvory

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 09:41:10 PM »
Mrs: I have the utmost respect for the military. I truly do. But WIC is a federal assistance program. So yes, you are on handouts. I know you think you go to the grocery store and just hand over your voucher and BAM everything is "free", but SOMEBODY paid for that. Nothing is free. The system is in place for a reason, there are people who genuinely need assistance, and if that's the position you are in for a time- I have no issue with that. But it's the mentality that assistance just magically appears from some sugar daddy in the sky to give you free things that really irritates me. And also the fact that people who can't afford babies still have babies.  Maybe YOU should learn where the funding for programs you are utilizing comes from before you say you don't take handouts.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 10:32:29 PM »
I've gone through almost my whole entire pregnancy without wic I only went on WIC to get the fresh fruits and veggies that I need as I am not getting enough because my husband doesn't get it for me my iron is extremely low. I wouldn't have gone on WIC if it wasn't for my iron being low. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and this is the first time I've gone on WIC

Offline Olivia100916

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 09:29:50 AM »
Georgia was one of the states that  refused Obamacare.