Author Topic: Depressed after car accident...  (Read 297 times)

Offline Guadalupe.p99

• View Profile
Depressed after car accident...
« on: February 08, 2018, 01:35:12 AM »
So I was recently in a car accident last week. IT WASNT MY FAULT, but It was pretty bad and happened on a rainy day. My car was totaled but the only injuries I received were back pain, pelvic area pain, neck pain, and a spranged ankle. What had happened was, I was driving a friend to her work place, which is fairly close to my house. I was on my way to drop her off when some black truck had made an illegal U-turn from the median on to my lane. I was on the far right lane. So I stopped immediately. And out of no where an Infiniti, from the oncoming traffic, hits the truck from the side and then bounces back and hits me. So the ambulance came... yada yada yada, and well I mean I’m okay, my ankle is still healing but I’m so sad. Really like f***ing sad because it was my 2nd accident. The first one was when I was in the 7th grade and the car flipped over. That’s a whole different story but anyways, like how could this have happened? I’m so upset. Like why me? Why again? It’s so scary and the smell of the car is still stuck in my nose. I can smell it and I can still hear the noise the car made when it hit me. My whole front car was destroyed and I was so mad. That was my car. I’m glad I’m alive and everything but I COULD have died. Or it could have been worse and that makes me want to cry because I was so close to not being here right now. I don’t know what to do or who to tell this to bc I’m scared. I just really need someone... anyone man

Offline AnimeIsMyMiddleName

• Life is like a box of chocolates.
    • View Profile
Re: Depressed after car accident...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 03:25:27 PM »
I reckon you’re gonna be okay, just fine.
If you keep telling yourself what you are now, you’re gonna be even more sad and confused, life happens and sometimes it isn’t nice.
I promise, nobody is out to get you and you will be fine. You are alive, yes? You are a survivor. And you will survive the post-depression that this is giving you.

If you need to, pm me❤️
Fear is strength

Offline Kurschybee

• View Profile
Re: Depressed after car accident...
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 09:46:51 PM »
There are no guarantees in life.  In fact, the western world are the only countries that expect life to be good.  Every other country in the world knows that life is vile and full of suffering so when there are moments of happiness (you survived your accident) it’s worthy of celebration.  Especially Americans.  We expect perfection.  The right weight, the right spouse, the right school, the right home, the right shoes.  How is any of that even possible to achieve (I mean all of it at one time).  Look at your life and thank God for what has gone RIGHT in your life.   I know that’s difficult to do.  Start with the small stuff.  You’re not starving.   You’re not living in a war torn country.