Author Topic: Mama drama  (Read 270 times)

Offline Psychlone

• View Profile
Mama drama
« on: April 13, 2018, 05:28:34 AM »
I can’t handle this anymore.  I have 4 siblings but my mum is always making me do everything. I am constantly picking up after everyone only for her to belittle me and say nothing has been done or for her to take credit for it. She came home today to see me midway through a clean up and just sits down and tells me about how messy the house is. I tried to explain to her how I’m in the middle of sorting it which she could clearly tell as all her mugs and scraps had been cleaned and removed from the tv room and she yells at me saying I haven’t done nothing and I do nothing. So I dropped what I’m doing and went to my room to show her what doing nothing looks like and now I’m being punished. Now she’s not letting me eat saying I don’t clean and she pays for the groceries yelling and cussing me out anytime I walk passed. Not one of my other siblings has to pull their weight or goes through this like I do they just stay in their rooms and she never bothers them or asks for anything.

I barely have time for myself and to go out because I’m studying and when I’m not I’m doing the house work and cooking. When I do have plans she’ll tell me I can’t go because The house is a mess, even if it isn’t but she never does this to my siblings. I’m 19 but I feel like a child with the power she holds over me and it really effects me. I always have to lie and say I’m sick last minute when I cancel because I’m to embarrassed to say “my mum won’t let me”. When we’re not fighting we’re the “best of friends” which is usually because I’ve done everything or she wants me to hang out with her. But when I do this I hold resentment and feel angry at myself but still do it just to “tame the beast”.

I feel like this isn’t describing half the anguish she leave me but it felt good to finally put it somewhere. I know people will say it’s her house and that I should move out but honestly can’t afford it at the moment and it just doesn’t make sense why she only treats me like this, I’m not the oldest or youngest. I just don’t get it and it feels like I can’t escape and I just need advice.

Offline MaryKay

• View Profile
Re: Mama drama
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 11:16:05 PM »
I'm sorry. My mom is really controlling too. One thing I can help you with is that you should just tell your friends that your mom won't let you because they'll believe that over the reoccurring excuse that you're sick.
Always glad to help!

Offline Psychlone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 01:13:29 PM »
Your probably right but anytime I mention something similar to that they look at me like I’m an alien, they can’t relate and it makes me feel worse.

Offline MaryKay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »
I mean my friends understand, so I don't know what else to say.
Always glad to help!