Author Topic: Thrush after sex?  (Read 406 times)

Offline midnightsky

• View Profile
Thrush after sex?
« on: May 03, 2018, 02:57:50 PM »
Hey guys, so I’m having a bit of a problem lately. 2 months ago I had thrush for the first time which came around a few days after intercourse.... I had an oral antibiotics and all cleared up, no problem. But it seems after I have sex I’ll always have some sort or discharge and spme pain when peeing. But last weekend I had sex again with my boyfriend and now I think I have thrush again... it’s incredibly painful and sore. It may die down the pain but as soon as I go to pee it’s burns like hell and the pain starts all over again. I’ve been putting on cream for a few days now but I’m just wondering am I getting thrush because I’m not wet enough when having sex causing vaginal dryness?? Or what’s going on!!!

Offline Rosie9794

• View Profile
Re: Thrush after sex?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 10:50:37 AM »
Hi,

Is it possible you have a UTI? Pain when peeing sounds more like a UTI..maybe go see a doctor regardless
Also I don't know how true this is, it's just something I've always heard and you may already do it but going to the toilet after sex is meant to help stop UTI and thrush. And if you feel like you're getting too dry maybe grab some lube and see if it stops it next time
Hope you feel better soon :)

Offline LadyV87

• View Profile
Re: Thrush after sex?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 09:45:16 PM »
Also bear in mind that while men can’t be affected by things like thrush/BV yeast infections they can continue to spread it . In otherwards while what u have sound like something pertaining to the urinary track bear in mind your  partner can continue to give u thrush/BV over Nd over again even after it’s cleared up. Simply because while we can take meds men cannot so it takes a while to clear up So it is continually being passed back/forth to each other. Also the pain sounds serious see a doc, may be uti or even PID ( pelvic inflammation) which is not to serious , just important to get it treated , untreated can cause complications. Hope this helps. Lmk how things go.