Author Topic: Early period or Implantation spotting??  (Read 547 times)

Offline Cheerio3503

• View Profile
Early period or Implantation spotting??
« on: June 07, 2018, 02:15:46 AM »
Hello everyone!! I am new to the TTC forum. Now trying to conceive baby #3.

First baby was conceived with no problem. Tried for almost 3 years before we were finally able to get pregnant of our second child with the help of clomid. Now trying to conceive our third since 8/2017 and still no luck.

After having my IUD removed, my period went crazy. Decided to go on birth control pills back in March to regulate period. But after my period in May I didn’t start my next packet of pills.

Should have ovulated on the 4th of this month but started spotting early this week. My period isn’t due until late next week.

Could this be implantation spotting or just an early period since I stopped the birth control??? Never had spotting with my other two pregnancies. Haven’t taken a pregnancy test just yet. Might be too early but at the same time I’m not ready for a negative test once again.  :( :(

Any one in my shoes or have any advice?? Sorry for going on and on.  ::)

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: Early period or Implantation spotting??
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 02:29:28 AM »
I honestly don’t think that pills help regulate cycles as all they do is stop ovulation and force unnatural bleeding at specific time making it look like you are regular now. The bleed during pills is not a real period. Coming off pills or any other birthcontrol it can take up to a year for cycles to regulate and become consistent as your body tries to get to it’s true cycles. The spotting you have now could literally be anything - ovulation spotting, just a random mid cycle spotting, implantation spotting or beginning of period. When I came of my pills i didn’t even think that ovulation will be on specific day as I had no idea what my actual cycles were like. However it doesn’t mean that you can’t get pregnant.

I know how frustrating the wait can be and how confusing body can be sometimes. Unfortunately no one here will be able to tell what this spotting is and only time will be able to tell. However I am hoping that this is the implantation spotting for you. Good luck!

Offline Cheerio3503

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 06:44:04 AM »
Hi, yes I know!! That’s what is so frustrating. No more spotting since last night. Though, I am thinking that I will need the help of clomid for this baby as well. It wasn’t until my third round of medication that I was able to ovulate and get pregnant.

I am staying hopeful but also neutral until next week when my period is due. I will check then if it’s due to pregnancy or simply my body being crazy.

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 11:09:25 AM »
Fingers crossed for the best but don’t worry if you need to take clomid. The result is all that matters!