Author Topic: Fears  (Read 63 times)

Offline cathy863

• View Profile
Fears
« on: November 09, 2018, 10:48:33 PM »
So about an hour or so ago, I was petting my cat and then my eye started to get really irritated. I naturally assumed that I had a piece of cat hair in my eye, which is a relatively common occurrence. I did the usual stuff, but the hair wouldn’t come out no matter how hard I tried. Eventually I went into the bathroom and pulled down my eyelids to get a better look, and almost (or did) have a panic attack. I was breathing heavily and my hands were shaking, plus my brain was freaking out. It took quite a few minutes for me to calm down. I’m not a squeamish person, and never react this way when dealing with an injuring on any other part of my body, but when it comes to eyes, I can’t handle it. I even freak out when giving a presentation because I hate having people watching me! (I’ve literally broken down into an uncontrollable mess crying about ‘not wanting their eyes on me’.) What’s my problem? Do I have a phobia of eyes? I’ve never really been afraid of anything before, so this is all new territory for me. Any help would be appreciated!