Author Topic: Irregular spotting?  (Read 173 times)

Offline Jdeng10

• View Profile
Irregular spotting?
« on: July 15, 2018, 08:51:06 PM »
Having weird symptoms- had some occasional spotting for about a week 3wks or so ago. Negative blood test, progesterone at 2. This past week I had some more occasional spotting, even less than the last time and it wasn’t every day. This time around has only been when I wiped. Every now and then I get some cramping. Still no period.  Has anyone else experienced this? I do have PCOS and Endometriosis so irregular periods are not uncommon for me. The spotting however is very uncommon for me.

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: Irregular spotting?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 06:48:09 AM »
Women can spot sometimes during ovulation or before/after perood. Unexplained irregular spotting should be mentioned to you doctor so you could be referred to approapiate examination. There might be nothing wrong but better be safe than sorry!

Offline Callmeiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 03:10:30 PM »
Does irregular spotting count as period date? Sometimes cos I spot before and after my period, I really don’t know if am having a lengthy period, it gets my start and end date all mixed up. Any suggestions on what really do cause spotting?

Offline Jdeng10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 03:16:48 PM »
For me I never ended up getting a flow after either time. I also never spot so this has been very unusual for me. I know that spotting between cycles can be normal- around ovulation, cysts, etc. just hasn’t been a norm for me specifically. I really haven’t even had enough to wear a even a liner so I don’t count that. If I was at least filling a liner I would consider it maybe a lighter flow. This afternoon I saw a little increase and more of a reddish brown so I think I’m going to give myself a couple more days to see if af shows up. If not I think a drs visit is in store. I just want to get started on my next cycle! We’re waiting to start a round of shots so I’m a little anxious lol

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 03:28:37 PM »
Callmeiffy if you spot before your period starts then your first of period is the day when you actually get a flow. If you only have not too strong flow for 1-2 days I would consult doctor. If you have a flow for 3 days then you probably are alright.

Offline Jdeng10

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 05:02:53 PM »
Yea that’s the problem is that I haven’t had any flow. Pretty much occasional I get a little bit of brown when I wipe but not every time, not making it to a liner and it’s not even everyday. Even now I thought something was going to happen and then the last few times I’ve been to the bathroom I’ve had nothing. I’m just not sure how long to give it until I call

Online AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 12:44:09 AM »
Jdeng, my second answer was to the other girl. My answer to you remains the same, you need to see a doctor.

Offline Jdeng10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 07:27:58 AM »
Sorry misread your other message oops! Thank you I plan to give dr a call and see what’s going on