Author Topic: The opposite of anorexic  (Read 207 times)

Offline Deep blue

• I don't know who I am or what I'm doing here
    • View Profile
The opposite of anorexic
« on: July 22, 2018, 12:35:53 AM »
I have this friend who is convinced she is too fat and she needs to loose a lot of weight. When ever I’m with her I feel bad and I feel like I make her feel like she isn’t good enough, because I’m skinny and you can feel my bones. I’m not anorexic. I love food. I feel like I want to gain weight to make her feel better and so that when people hug me they don’t say eww Because they feel my bones. I know people will say you are perfect just the way you are. And other stuff like that. I feel ugly and I feel like I make my best friend feel worse about herself. She said seeing thin people feel bad but not me. I think I do make her feel bad and she’s just sparing my feelings. What do you think. Please help. Another thing I think is I read this thing on the internet that says when you are with someone you care about you mimic their moods and actions. So if you are around a person who is always negative. Your brain exercises thinking negatively. Is her talking about feeling ugly and fat making me feel bad about myself. What do you think? Is she a toxic friend?
>Deep Blue<

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: The opposite of anorexic
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 08:09:25 AM »
Being too fat is unhealthy, this is not about accepting aho you are and loving yourself or whatever, she needs to lose weight. You don't have to gain it to make her feel better, she needs to stop feeling sorry for herself and start a diet and exercise, or it could lead to awful health problems later in life, as she is dealing right now with problems of self esteem.
As for your mood, it could be, but I think you'd only know if you get away from her a bit, and check your reactions.

Offline PrinxeJ

• View Profile
    • Amino Apps
Re: The opposite of anorexic
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 03:11:21 PM »
If your gut is saying she's toxic, then she probably is.

I'm anemic among lots of other things that make me extremely tired all the time. Near the end of the last school year, all 4 of my friends that spent extended time with me said that whenever I was around, they felt more tired than usual, mainly because of my demeanor. Point: I do feel like some things can be picked up from those you spend a lot of time around.

But don't feel the need to change who you are for someone else's sake. If your friend wants to lose weight, help her do it healthy with proper diet and excercise. If you want to gain weight for your own self, then make sure it's in a healthy way too