Poll

Is it normal to bleed for almost 2wks on the first period after being off of Depo-Provera for a year and three months to be exact???

Leave a comment
0 (0%)
Share a experience
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Just off Depo first flo again  (Read 171 times)

Offline Ms_lee2you

• View Profile
Just off Depo first flo again
« on: July 31, 2018, 02:15:42 PM »
Hi I am 32 with two children and was recently on Depo-Provera for a year and three months. I just started what seems to be my first period since my last shot a year ago. It started off light only spotting when I wipe myself... to now almost faucet like flow going through a regular tampon a hour and bad cramping... has anyone else experienced this after stopping this form of birth control

Offline Sweetlikehoney

• View Profile
Re: Just off Depo first flo again
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 05:02:52 PM »
Hi , I was on depo for a year and six months. It took me a few months to get my “period” back. It’s normal to bleed for a longer period of time. I would bleed for almost 3 weeks straight have a few days to a week off and bleed again for another 3-4 weeks. After a few months my body finally started to regulate and now I get my normal period once a month for a few days. Just takes time for your body to get everything out of its system.

Offline Ms_lee2you

• View Profile
Re: Just off Depo first flo again
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 10:00:25 AM »
Thank you... I thought I was alone with this. I was hoping someone would respond so I don’t drive myself crazy I see my gynecologist next week to see what options I have as far as birth control to regulate my period... wish me luck