Author Topic: Confused as to what my sexuality is.  (Read 166 times)

Offline Darken12

• Dark (maybe emo) weird, odd one out and calm.
    • View Profile
Confused as to what my sexuality is.
« on: August 13, 2018, 06:06:14 AM »
I don’t really know how to start this.

Last time I talked about my sexuality, I was convinced that I was Demisexual. (or Asexual)

Until a thought came into my head.
Maybe I’m Bi?

I know Asexual and Bi are two different things, but what I’m basically saying is that I’m confused as what I am.

My sister and mum say I don’t need to label myself, but I strongly disagree.

I feel like if I had an idea of what my sexuality was, and told my mum, (I wouldn’t tell my dad because it’s a weird thing to say) she would laugh at me and call me a silly 12 year old. I know it’s normal to be confused about this at my age. But every time I think about it, it bothers me.

And most of you know I do like guys, but sometimes I just look at a girl and think about kissing them.  And I know a lot of straight girls do this, and it’s dumb, this has only happened about 5 times in my whole life, ( 11,12 years old ) and to be honest, I don’t think I am.

I just need advice in to how to try and get a clearer sight of what I am. Or something that can help me know. Because I don’t think tests online exactly help.

Sorry it’s long, Thank you
~Darken12

Offline PrinxeJ

• View Profile
    • Amino Apps
Re: Confused as to what my sexuality is.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 11:20:58 PM »
It's pretty standard to question which labels you're comfortable with. I've been working on it for 2-ish years now and still not 100% settled.

One thing to consider is sexual orientations versus romantic orientations. You can be both asexual/demisexual AND biromantic.

One of my friends is asexual and panromantic.
Another originally thought he was pansexual but then realized he was demisexual.
An acquaintance of mine is homosexual and biromantic.

It might take a while to figure out what works for you.