Author Topic: Endometriosis and PCOS  (Read 327 times)

Offline NicoleDavis4929

• View Profile
Endometriosis and PCOS
« on: August 11, 2018, 12:14:23 AM »
I have both endometriosis and pcos, and if you have either of those you know just how much pain one of them can bring along. Currently, both have gone rogue and decided to act up at the same time. Medication does not work, even strong pain killers. Any ideas for pain control? Also if I’m not alone out there with this please let me know.

Online Ria1712

• View Profile
Re: Endometriosis and PCOS
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 03:16:17 PM »
Hi, I have pcos and been told they are not sure about endometriosis as it can not be given a full diagnosis without doing surgery. Anyway I get a lot of pain and been told repeatedly that pcos does not cause pain and was wrongly diagnosed with ibs because of it. I’m about to start ivf which I have been warned I have a high risk of ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome. When looking into I feel like this is what I already experience but yet to ask a medical professional. Will be doing so at my appointment on 29th as I have had these pains for around 5 years now (when I got the implant fitted) I can’t find anywhere online that says you can experience OHSS without fertility medication but it could be that may are misdiagnosed like myself. Look it up see if it matches your symptoms too.

Offline Tezzamacca

• View Profile
Re: Endometriosis and PCOS
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 02:18:43 AM »
I have PCOS, anedomyosis (it’s similar to endometriosis but tends not to migrate as much as it’s located in the walls of the uterus) and fibroids and yes it gets very painful. Endometriosis would be the one causing pain and generally they recommend ibuprofen to reduce inflammation but you may want to take something with panadol and/or codine. Just watch if you need to take it for more than 4 days because it can reck your stomach lining. Sadly I’m allergic but it was pretty effective the one time I did. It’s worth getting more testing though- I was told for years that I just had endometriosis and when I went for fertility testing it was not what I had. Fibroids do cause a bit of pain as well and if it is endometriosis then it can migrate to other organs require surgical removal. It’s worth talking to a gynaecologist that you trust. Diet changes can help both conditions and weight gain can certainly ramp up the symptoms. Hope this helps