Author Topic: Keeping Baby vs Abortion  (Read 394 times)

Offline EmBee24

• View Profile
Keeping Baby vs Abortion
« on: August 14, 2018, 12:49:11 AM »
Please don’t judge me. I need help and I really don’t know what to do. I just found out that I’m pregnant. I’m supposed to be leaving for the navy in 2 months. I have had an abortion before but bc of that I’m not sure if I want to do that again. The guy that I’ve been seeing is onboard for whatever I decide to do whether keeping the baby or not. I’m just not sure what I want to do because I don’t want to lose my opportunity to go into the navy because it’s something I’ve wanted for a long time but at the same time I don’t think I’d be able to go through with another abortion. (Btw first one was 5 years ago...I was 20 and think it was probably a good decision that I made at the time) this time I have no idea what the right decision is. And I’ve tried weighing the pros and cons but it’s just not that simple

akamburger

Re: Keeping Baby vs Abortion
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 04:50:04 PM »
You should keep the baby. Children are a blessing from the Lord. You will more than likely have any other opportunities to go to the navy. Another option would be having the baby and then putting it up for adoption. I am praying for you and that your decision will be God-glorifying.

Online Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 02:35:24 PM »
It’s your decision personally I would keep the baby and speak to the navy and see what your options are they may allow you to do none physical training and to join fully once baby is born. Legally they can not tell you you can’t still do it’s because of pregnancy they have to have a alternative option.

Offline Capriceee97

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:18:50 PM »
Ria, they will likely tell her to re join in a couple of years, definitely not do less physical training as it’s needed to see if she can cope with the physical and mental strain.

I know of a girl who was in the navy and found out she was pregnant, she herself had an abortion because she wanted to start he career and if you do decide you want to keep your baby and choose to rejoin later in life, the navy will take into consideration that you have a child and if you have suitable child care for when you go through training and are on board, which is something you should also put into consideration.

If you want both but don’t know what to do, I would advise talking to an army office (if you are in the UK) they can let you know what your options for the future are.

Goodluck with whatever decision you make and with your future.

Offline Livie-livz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 02:25:25 AM »
It’s definately a ruff one. But what ever you decided make sure it’s okay for you, I had more than one abortion before and I now have two beautiful boys. It wasn’t the right time, when I had the abortions, I don’t regret My decisions at those times because it was not the right time and I do do believe I’m a better person and mother for it now. I can only say the earlier the better.
You have an amazing opportunity and you wouldn’t want to regret a not going for it, although both decisions I’m sure you would be happy. Just follow what your heart says and you not wrong for which ever one you decide. I hope this helps. Good luck and congratulation to both. X

Offline Splendora

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 09:33:00 AM »
Keep the baby! ❤️

akamburger

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 10:46:34 AM »
Keep the baby! ❤️
Splendora, that is a very wise comment you made!!!!

Online Ria1712

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 02:02:09 AM »
I get what everyone is saying and I would speak to your advisor about it. They can let you know your options so you can think about it having all the information.