Author Topic: New job  (Read 285 times)

Offline Mary115

• View Profile
New job
« on: August 19, 2018, 06:01:20 PM »
Hi just looking for some advice.
I have been in my current job 1 year (this is my first full time job) and have enjoyed working there but feel there is no progression/no salary increase.
I have just been offered a new job which is completely my things it is a higher salary but less holidays and less pension and further to drive to.

I am having doubts as I need to hand my notice in tomorrow but I am so unsure if I am making the right decision leaving somewhere where I am happy and comfortable but the move could really help me progress in my career??
Any advice??? Or similar situations?

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
Re: New job
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:49:20 PM »
It’s very sad to miss holidays, you should enjoy your family. I think that you should opt for staying at your old job. Plus your really comfortable there. Driving more? Missing more time with your family? No. I am sure more opportunities will come to you! And they will be even better!

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 06:50:55 PM »
And I don’t think switching jobs will do any good in your career.

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 05:44:21 AM »
FLowerpuff, she did say this job could help her grow in her career and that "it's her thing". Less holidays do not necessarily mean she's missing time with her family. If you have to drive more, consider if the gas you'll be spending is not going to be more or equal to your raise in salary. Cause otherwise you'd be earning basically the same. Also, if you think this will help you grow, I think you should take it, if your currwnt goal is to want to grow professionally, of course.