Poll

Should the app classify you by your age?

Yes! Kids shouldn’t be reading this.
No because it’s a good way for kids to know what might happen to them

Author Topic: Too inappropriate?  (Read 948 times)

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
Too inappropriate?
« on: August 29, 2018, 04:03:08 PM »
Hey guys this is a unrelated topic but don’t you think that a small girl like 11 could go on here and read this stories? I know you post them for help but some of these stories are truly inappropriate for a 11 year old!Don’t you think the app should ask your age and if your 13 and under this things should be blocked?

Offline Darken12

• Dark (maybe emo) weird, odd one out and calm.
    • View Profile
Re: Too inappropriate?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 04:44:29 PM »
I’m actually turning 13 in almost 5 months. But I guess I agree. But remember we have better sex education. And some kids do adult things, because of the generation. So we know things you didn’t at this age. And I think it does ask if your 13. But that’s only for the forum.
~Darken12

Offline Ebony_Magic15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 04:55:56 AM »
I don't think it would matter. First off they could lie about their age. And let's be honest the have entire internet to read/see whatever they want. I feel like the things that are on here r pretty mild compared to other things online.

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 07:54:30 PM »
Yes but how about having the trust to tell your mom? I still disagree but thanks for your opinion.

Offline Darken12

• Dark (maybe emo) weird, odd one out and calm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 12:33:46 AM »
There are topics for teens and stuff like that, if I need help these people could help me. I don’t think the topics I GO ON are to old for me. Ebony has a good point. If your so worried, you guys should have your own app for actual adults only. I’m pretty sure most people that use the forum are my age. I’m not trying to be rude or anything, but why don’t you ask someone that actually is 13? Or the age you think is too inappropriate for this app.
~Darken12

Offline Periodstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 10:14:29 AM »
It depends, like what exactly are we talking about?
If it’s educational, like talking about periods, puberty or pregnancy then I don’t see the problem. Or for example if someone asks “what is a “handjob” then I see no problem in giving a definition like you would find in a dictionary.
Now if someone asked “how do I give a good handjob” then I think it’s inappropriate answering it if you are aware there are underage people here.

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 03:49:18 PM »
I meant innapropriate as in relationships, intimidating. Some people really detail things.

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 03:53:18 PM »
I’m actually turning 13 in almost 5 months. But I guess I agree. But remember we have better sex education. And some kids do adult things, because of the generation. So we know things you didn’t at this age. And I think it does ask if your 13. But that’s only for the forum.

I thought you said your just 12, you said it would give you a better sexual education... Would you do it at such young age? Because your not in age. So why do you need it?

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 04:56:36 PM »
I don't think it would matter. First off they could lie about their age. And let's be honest the have entire internet to read/see whatever they want. I feel like the things that are on here r pretty mild compared to other things online.
I don’t think they would, and they wouldn’t know about it because it would be blocked if they weren’t in age. And if they do lie, that’s another thing.

Offline Periodstuff

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 01:42:03 AM »

I thought you said your just 12, you said it would give you a better sexual education... Would you do it at such young age? Because your not in age. So why do you need it?

As stated she is 12 and a half.
She said “remember we HAVE better sex education” meaning she probably has access to Sex Ed at school, Compared to her parents that might not have gotten much or none at all.

The idea of Sexual Education is that you learn it BEFORE you need it

Offline Crodrigues1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 09:05:36 AM »
Girls can get their first period as young as 8! As my friend did. So it is IMPORTANT that young girls have a place where they feel they can talk about any issues they have. They NEED to be educated about sex, periods, relationships etc. this is how you prevent teenage pregnancies, lowering the risks of stds and probably even suicide! This is a forum where we learn from each other as their are so many different ages of women on here.

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 03:52:17 PM »
Ok I get your points, I will stop criticizing opinions because because I asked for them. Thanks for showing your feelings about things. But feel free to keep posting and sharing thoughts.

Offline イザベル

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 04:58:41 AM »
I think it’s good to not restrict access.
Some young people may not have a good adult figure in their life to ask questions to, or may not feel comfortable. This forum provides an outlet for learning and asking. Yes, people might be a little too detailed, but I don’t think we should block information just because we think it’s inappropriate for their young minds. If someone stumbles upon something they feel uncomfortable reading, they have the choice to stop reading.

I do understand your point though. There could be a section for really X-rated stuff, but moderators can’t tell if a user is lying.

As someone also mentioned, they can find anything on the internet anyway.
-I (๑・̑◡・̑๑)