Author Topic: Needing Counselling/A Therapist  (Read 70 times)

Offline xxCoCo

• View Profile
Needing Counselling/A Therapist
« on: September 03, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »
For the last 5 years I’ve been in a very difficult place mentally, but am getting better however the last couple months I can feel myself in one of my episodes where I am just very unstable. I went through a lot of traumatic things through my childhood and up to this current day and every now and then I will be better as I have worked so hard over the last few years to be okay but I can feel myself slipping back into a place that I can’t let myself fall back to. I had counselling when I was 9-11 years old after loosing a close family member but I haven’t been to any type of counselling/therapy since as I battled a lot of my depression and anxiety silently but I’ve been thinking and I really think I need to go back and just have someone to talk to about everything I’ve been through that isn’t someone I know. What I need help with is telling my mum that I want it, she knows partially what I’ve been battling but she thinks I’m okay at the minute and I just really don’t want to worry her, I’m only 16 and I could just do with some advice please with how to bring it up to her in a way that shows I am being serious and it’s not some ‘silly teenage stage’ but at the same time I really don’t want to worry her.
Thank you so much in advance, sorry it’s long aha