Author Topic: Needing Counselling/A Therapist  (Read 150 times)

Offline xxCoCo

• View Profile
Needing Counselling/A Therapist
« on: September 03, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »
For the last 5 years I’ve been in a very difficult place mentally, but am getting better however the last couple months I can feel myself in one of my episodes where I am just very unstable. I went through a lot of traumatic things through my childhood and up to this current day and every now and then I will be better as I have worked so hard over the last few years to be okay but I can feel myself slipping back into a place that I can’t let myself fall back to. I had counselling when I was 9-11 years old after loosing a close family member but I haven’t been to any type of counselling/therapy since as I battled a lot of my depression and anxiety silently but I’ve been thinking and I really think I need to go back and just have someone to talk to about everything I’ve been through that isn’t someone I know. What I need help with is telling my mum that I want it, she knows partially what I’ve been battling but she thinks I’m okay at the minute and I just really don’t want to worry her, I’m only 16 and I could just do with some advice please with how to bring it up to her in a way that shows I am being serious and it’s not some ‘silly teenage stage’ but at the same time I really don’t want to worry her.
Thank you so much in advance, sorry it’s long aha

Offline charg

• View Profile
Re: Needing Counselling/A Therapist
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 10:35:16 PM »
staters, never say it is just a phase or whatever. even in a phase the feelings are real. i myself struggle with depression and anxiety. i know exactly what you mean when saying you don’t want to worry your mom as she thinks you are okay right now. depending on the relationship you have with her you could just tell her you have been having some reoccurring thoughts, saying you think therapy might be needed so it doesn’t get out of hand,, i think that would keep her least worried. by showing her you are aware that the thoughts you’re having are demeaning. but that is if you have good relationship. if not you can always talk to me,, i fully support and understand what you’re going through as i’ve been there and relapse every once in a while. good luck,, i hope this helped xx char

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: Needing Counselling/A Therapist
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 05:24:41 AM »
If you find it too hard to tell her yourself, ask your best friend to help you tell her. You obviously don't want tocworry her, but if you need therapy, That's more important than not worrying her