Author Topic: Online dating, long distance..  (Read 230 times)

Offline TrésorInLove

• View Profile
Online dating, long distance..
« on: September 07, 2018, 04:21:37 AM »
Hi,
I’ve met a guy online (not on dating website) and he admitted he has a crush on me, well I pretty much like him too. We talk a lot, I spend a lot of time thinking of him, I’m not quite sure I’m attracted to his physical features because I haven’t seen a lot but does it really matter ?
He says he wants to meet me, and also says he doesn’t want another, he misses me when we don’t talk due to our time zones.
But I don’t know what to do, because first of all, he’s living in a different country, he’s like 8h of flight from me.
About my parents, I don’t even know how to make them approuve what I am doing, I’m scared they won’t never allow (well I’m an adult but I need their approuval, I don’t want to lie, and hide things) me to even travel to meet him, they’ll think it’s dangerous.
Even if we meet, and if we like each other’s, how to survive very long distance relationship ? 

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: Online dating, long distance..
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 05:25:06 AM »
For your safety, it'd be better if he visits you in your country, you don't really know him and anything could happen to you being alone with a stranger, especially in a foreign country.
Now, in the best case scenario, where he's just a regular guy, if you like him, just try! Let him go to see you, hang out for a while, see how it goes and if you want to get serious, talk about it and try and figure something out.

Offline TrésorInLove

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 05:48:10 AM »
Yea I wasn’t planning to visit in his country and not what he asked neither, he wants to visits but I need to travel to get to the capital city sadly.

Offline G123

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 05:28:07 AM »
I would travel maybe with a friend to your main city and let her go do some shopping while you meet him for food for an hour or two. Of course if you have a friend who wouldn’t mind doing that. That way you can text if it isn’t going well and you feel unsafe around him you have someone there. Make sure it’s early and in public x

Offline TrésorInLove

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 11:30:23 AM »
Yeah I think that would be the best to do!
Well right now we’re learning to know each others and not pushing to meet up.
Thank you all