Author Topic: Relationship after divorce  (Read 61 times)

Offline ronni.c

• View Profile
Relationship after divorce
« on: October 14, 2018, 12:07:13 AM »

Needing serious advice !
My ex husband and I split 6 months ago after a lot of arguments about out 6 month old son. Now I’ve starting talking to someone else and things are going good. He’s never met my son which is what I want but my ex is accusing me of cheating on him back then. I’ve had enough but don’t know what to do because of my son. I don’t want his father around anymore he’s confusing my son when he’s here one minute and gone the next. I need serious help !
Thank you

Offline Periodstuff

• View Profile
Re: Relationship after divorce
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 02:14:58 AM »
It is hard to negotiate break ups when children are involved.
You and the child’s father will be connected forever. You have a kid together.
You need to set boundaries and organize set times for him to visit (and ideally take him for periods of time).
When I broke up with my child’s dad (he was about one) I made sure not to let him spend time in MY house and I didn’t spend time in his. You both need your privacy and space.

You need to be honest with your son and say things like “your dadda has gone back to his place. And things like “your dadda loves you very much”

It’s hard when your partner moves on. ( I was lucky, because it was me who broke it off it was good that he found someone and was dating for a while before I met someone)

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: Relationship after divorce
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 08:14:43 AM »

Needing serious advice !
My ex husband and I split 6 months ago after a lot of arguments about out 6 month old son. Now I’ve starting talking to someone else and things are going good. He’s never met my son which is what I want but my ex is accusing me of cheating on him back then. I’ve had enough but don’t know what to do because of my son. I don’t want his father around anymore he’s confusing my son when he’s here one minute and gone the next. I need serious help !
Thank you

Tbh, I don't think this new guy, who you don't know that well yet, should meet your son so fast. I think PeriodStuff is right, too. And I think deep down his dad just doesn't want any other man to meet his son just like that. There one minute and gone the next kind of sucks. But if his dad wants to spend time with his baby, he has the right to, and so does the child even if you all don't live together.