Author Topic: Siblings  (Read 349 times)

Offline Elena006

• View Profile
Siblings
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »
Hi Guys, I just turned twelve. I was an only child till 18 weeks ago. My mum announced she was pregnant. We then found out it was a boy. The closest thing I have to a sibling is 3 step sisters and 1 step brother. How am I supposed to act around my new brother?

Offline G123

• View Profile
Re: Siblings
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 06:10:52 PM »
Hey elena so first of all as it’s only going to be a little baby you don’t have to worry about how you will act because if it takes you a while to get used to having him around that’s fine and once he’s getting love and attention from your mum he’ll be fine. Your mum will understand if you’re feeling nervous or unsure about it - there’s no responsibility on you to take care of him so you can take getting to know him at your own pace. But if you’re feeling positive about it when he’s born it would be great if you tried to spend some time with him sit down on the ground with him for a few minutes or just cuddle him. It’s important to communicate with your mum as she will want the best for you two. Also make sure to not feel upset if you feel she is prioritizing him in any way, babies need a lot of attention and I’m sure you got that as a baby so it’s just his time. Maybe try to help your mum out by doing some cleaning and stuff and getting involved in the process might make it more enjoyable for you. But relax , your life isn’t going to change too much with a new brother if anything it should make it more enjoyable. Hope this helps xx

Offline Flowerpuff2

• View Profile
Re: Siblings
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 07:32:42 AM »
Just be yourself, your worried know but when you see, carry, touch the baby, you’ll fall in love instantly. Relax and you’ll be fine.