Author Topic: Bleeding twice in one cycle!  (Read 285 times)

Offline cCreative

• View Profile
Bleeding twice in one cycle!
« on: October 05, 2018, 02:21:32 PM »
Hello! *Detailed info*

Well, I’ve been on the pilll for almost 3 years. My period has always appeared on time every month.

My last period started on the 5th September, and went on for 4 days.
After finishing a pack my period doesn’t come right away, it usually comes on the 4th day.

(E.g: My last day taking the pill is usually a Saturday, expecting period on Sunday but it only comes on Wednesday and lasts for 4-5 days.)

Then I start my pack on the next Sunday again (having that week free of pills)

The thing is that, I forgot to start my pill on Sunday on time, and on Tuesday I totally forgot to take one. So Wednesday I took two. Thursday and Friday I took it later than I should. So basically for the first time I wasn’t really following the instructions so I stopped taking it. After taking it only for 5 days within the new pack. And had been having unprotected sex ever since, trying to conceive.

Day 18 I start bleeding again, prior to that had some cramps too, nausea, gasses, felt bloated, my sense of smell increased, mild headache as well. But it didn’t look like my period. I believe it was a breakthrough bleeding for stopping taking the pill after taking it for 5 days only? Remember I just had my period on the 5th!

Well, I was expecting my period to come on 3rd of October but it didn’t. It felt like it would because I had cramps two days prior and on the day, but every time I felt like it came, there was only a strange white liquid - lotion look alike discharge.

I’m 3 days late now, am I pregnant? I’ve taken a pregnancy test today but it came out negative. So I guess I am not.

So my questions are:

Did my cycle start again from the 18th when I had a bleeding mid cycle?

Or I just didn’t ovulate this month?

Will it come on the next 28 days?

Am I pregnant even thought I tested negative?

If there is no period how would I know when to expect the next one?

Offline Nicjane

• View Profile
Re: Bleeding twice in one cycle!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 06:00:19 AM »
You’ve confused your body, you took your pill correctly at first then when you started the new pack, you’ve stopped.....started.....took it late etc your body doesn’t know what’s happening. The second bleed you’ve had is a withdrawal bleed from either stopping the pill or incorrectly taking it. While in the pill you don’t actually have proper periods just withdrawal bleeds you had that on day18. So now you need to wait for your next few periods before you can even start to try & work out your cycle, and even then it can take up to a year to regulate. You can still get pregnant in that time. So it’s a waiting game, it could come now, you may miss this month it’s relly impossible to tell.

Offline cCreative

• View Profile
Re: Bleeding twice in one cycle!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 06:12:16 PM »
You’ve confused your body, you took your pill correctly at first then when you started the new pack, you’ve stopped.....started.....took it late etc your body doesn’t know what’s happening. The second bleed you’ve had is a withdrawal bleed from either stopping the pill or incorrectly taking it. While in the pill you don’t actually have proper periods just withdrawal bleeds you had that on day18. So now you need to wait for your next few periods before you can even start to try & work out your cycle, and even then it can take up to a year to regulate. You can still get pregnant in that time. So it’s a waiting game, it could come now, you may miss this month it’s relly impossible to tell.

Yes, I guess thats all I can do meanwhile. Thank you for answering!