Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 211 times)

Offline Gemskiiex

• View Profile
Need advice
« on: October 11, 2018, 04:38:26 AM »
Hi guys, I’m new, I got my implant out two weeks ago after having it for 3.5 year. Me and my partner have been having unprotected sex as we want to try for a child, my cycle starts in around 15 days, could anyone advise me when would be best to try? Thanks x

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 06:05:54 AM »
It can take up to a year for cycles to regulate once come off any birth control so I wouldn’t rely on having a regular cycle straight away and would definitely not rely on an app to tell when the next period is due as it is set to a standard cycle. If you had any bleeding whilst using birthcontrol it wasn’t your real period but fake/breakthrough bleeding as a side effect to the birthcontrol. It doesn’t meant that can’t get pregnant. Just watch out for fertile mucus and have regular sex and sooner or later you will get pregnant. Please keep in mind that it is normal to take a year to conceive. Good luck!

Offline Ria1712

• View Profile
Re: Need advice
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 10:58:23 AM »
I 100% agree with Angela. I got very obsessive very fast with my ttc journey. It makes it harder and more stressful if it’s a long journey. Just to put in perscpective I had the implant for 15 months and had regular bleeding but waited 3 months for a period after. I have irregular cycles due to pcos which was found out lasted in my journey.... it’s now been 3 years and 2 months since having my implant removed and no pregnancy. My best friend had her implant removed after a year of it in around 2 weeks after me her conception date was two days after the removal. It fully depends on your body. At this stage just have fun and don’t stress about any off it.