Author Topic: Late period...  (Read 394 times)

Offline Emilybar21

• View Profile
Late period...
« on: October 27, 2018, 06:05:38 AM »
Hello,

I was due on my period on Monday - so I’m now 5 days late. I took a pregnancy test on Tuesday and Thursday, both negative.
For the last year, my period is always between 28-30 days and comes every month.
I’ve not been overly stressed recently so can’t work out why there’s no period.

Is it worth taking another test? If so, when?

Thanks

Offline Amyann

• View Profile
Re: Late period...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 11:38:25 AM »
Hello!

I’m going through the same exact thing. I’m never late and now I’m 9 days late.  Not sure if I should trust the first couple tests or if it’s possible I tested too early. Looking for pointers as well!

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: Late period...
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 01:02:03 PM »
Even when regular it is possible once in a while to either have a late ovulation for any reason or skip a period for any reason. If you ovulated late your period also will be late. Stress is not the only thing that can affect your body, it doesn’t even have to be recent stress. Things like diet, exercise, cold or infection can also affect your cycle. If you do conceive egg implants within 6-12 days after fertilisation and it would take 2 more days for hcg to rise enough to show on the pt, so by 14dpo you should get a clear result. Most women will get a positive by 16dpo and very very small % will take longer or will never actually show on the pt. At this stage the chances are more likely that you skipped a cycle ir had late ovulation than pregnancy really but both of you could always book a blood test with a doctor - being a week late would definitely qualify for doctor to check!