Author Topic: Family issues  (Read 121 times)

Offline WolfGirl

• View Profile
Family issues
« on: November 16, 2018, 11:50:48 AM »
I have 4 older broths, and one younger, I’m the only girl. I get compared to my brothers all the time, with my mom saying that my brothers are doing a good job, then I when do the same thing, my mom doesn’t even pay attention. Today I was trying to talk to her about how my brother is messing with my phone, and she’s trying to say he wasn’t, when my phone was going crazy and I brother was laughing for no reason. I’m about ready to go insane with not getting appreciated for anything, and being treated like I’m an idiot. What do I do?

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: Family issues
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 05:51:22 AM »
Have you tried talking to her and letting her know how you feel? That would be the first course of action. Remember the conversation should be in a moment were both of you are calm

Offline WolfGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 08:25:09 AM »
I have tried, and I’ve actually just broken down one time and she asks me, but then she says that she doesn’t do all that stuff. I’ve vented about it to my best friend, but she just thinks I’m going through something because she knows I’ve been depressed in the past.

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 08:51:42 AM »
I would try insisting one more time. But it works better for a discussion if, instead of saying "You compare me to my brothers " saying "I feel I'm being compared, even if you don't do it on purpose and it hurts". It's like putting it from your perspective, from what you feel instead of telling her what she does.
now in this case I'd also recommend you tell her shortly after she does it, so her memory is fresh from her commentary, and see how she reacts then.