Author Topic: Meeting new guys  (Read 182 times)

Offline G123

• View Profile
Meeting new guys
« on: November 20, 2018, 07:43:21 PM »
Hey all! I know I am very random on this app sometimes I’m here a lot then I disappear off the face of the earth for a while I am very busy in college.
So I had taken a long time to get over my ex like over a year to fully not even think about him which seems crazy.. but now I can happily say that I finally am I’ve dealt with all the feelings. What’s your advice on meeting new guys? You know I haven’t really met anyone new since my breakup and I’d love to. I don’t want to rush things I know you can randomly meet someone but it doesn’t seem to be really happening lately because I haven’t went out much, I am so busy

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
Re: Meeting new guys
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:28:01 AM »
I guess in this everyone's different. I met my actual bf (after the breakup I told you about) at college. We were in the same career but never actually talked until a couple of months after my breakup. Others use dating apps, or just start talking to guys that look attractive to them.
I'd say do whatever feels comfortable to you. And I'm glad you're past that relationship!

Offline G123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 05:56:11 PM »
Okay thanks so much !!

Offline Flowerbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 11:55:34 PM »
Try asking friends you trust to set you up, it's good to try and date someone that has a well known history.
Small talk can go a long way sometimes, in a queue at a Starbucks, elevator, train journey, try and do it with someone who's face you're familiar with, seen around but never spoke to before. Genuinely get to know them, you might not find a bf but you might make a new friend.

Go out on group outings meet friends of friends, make yourself available.

Do not go for guys in clubs, house parties however are a better option. Their not complete randoms and it's likely you might see them again.

Try and frequent your local cafes or libraries, you might meet someone local to you. Don't be afraid to make efforts with your appearance. And flirt a little even if there's no end goal to it.

See a guy notice you? Smile (If you're interested)

Check your area for free workshops, people that attend these are usually quite friendly, you get to work in groups = hopefully meeting an interesting guy.

Hope this helps! I know its easier said than done but sometimes a little effort goes a long way.

Offline G123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 08:36:34 PM »
Thanks so much for that reply ! Funny and coincidental that just when I reached out about this topic seen as I was kind of ready to meet someone new, I met a guy on a night out a few days ago. He was so nice and was really good fun and what I liked most was that he didn’t even try to kiss me ( I don’t like it when guys are automatically thinking about that straight away instead of like appreciating who you are ) so we were both staying in the same house that night I stayed in with my friend and he Stayed in another room on his own. He also gave me his jacket on the night out going home and the next morning going to the bus which I thought was so nice. And we’ve been talking since. Anyone that I mention him to are all like omg he’s so nice all nice positive things about him ! It’s mad early days but I really think he’s my type which I’m excited about

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 06:00:21 AM »
Thanks so much for that reply ! Funny and coincidental that just when I reached out about this topic seen as I was kind of ready to meet someone new, I met a guy on a night out a few days ago. He was so nice and was really good fun and what I liked most was that he didn’t even try to kiss me ( I don’t like it when guys are automatically thinking about that straight away instead of like appreciating who you are ) so we were both staying in the same house that night I stayed in with my friend and he Stayed in another room on his own. He also gave me his jacket on the night out going home and the next morning going to the bus which I thought was so nice. And we’ve been talking since. Anyone that I mention him to are all like omg he’s so nice all nice positive things about him ! It’s mad early days but I really think he’s my type which I’m excited about

That's so cool!!! Keeps us informed!

Offline G123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 07:14:47 AM »
Thanks I will do! The only thing is I am a bit picky with looks at the start I’m not saying they’re what I focus on but they are a bit important I think it’s only natural and at least I’m being honest saying that. He’s not bad but he wouldn’t be the best looking but he does seem lovely so I’m a bit conflicted. Although I don’t really need to be, if he asks me on a date I would still go to get to know him but in terms of getting serious I don’t know I guess I just have this picture in my head of ending up with a nice and good looking man but does that man even exist ?!?

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 05:30:01 AM »
Thanks I will do! The only thing is I am a bit picky with looks at the start I’m not saying they’re what I focus on but they are a bit important I think it’s only natural and at least I’m being honest saying that. He’s not bad but he wouldn’t be the best looking but he does seem lovely so I’m a bit conflicted. Although I don’t really need to be, if he asks me on a date I would still go to get to know him but in terms of getting serious I don’t know I guess I just have this picture in my head of ending up with a nice and good looking man but does that man even exist ?!?

Personally i think when you like a personality somehow the looks appeal to you. I used to think my actual bf was ugly. He's not my body type at all (I like short muscle-defined men and he's tall and thin).Now I feel he's the best looking man in the world, and I'm in love and I'm SO attracted to him physically. So if this guy is very nice, and you kinda like him the same could happen to you!
That man exists but it's different for everyone :)

Offline MaryKay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 06:13:37 PM »
LinkleBlue is right. When you get close to someone, you love their personality, and then the looks you didn't think you'd like looks attractive to you, but it's because you love that person.
Always glad to help!