Author Topic: Can’t get pregnant post miscarriage  (Read 174 times)

Offline Parulekarsoniya

• View Profile
Can’t get pregnant post miscarriage
« on: November 25, 2018, 11:58:31 AM »
I am looking for some help.
I went through a miscarriage at 8 weeks. It was a missed miscarriage and the tissue was not lost until week 13. Post the tissue loss my period returned normally in two weeks. Since, then my periods have been normal, as they were before the pregnancy.

Since, then me and my husband have been timing sex, to fit in the ovulation window. However, I have not been able to get pregnant even after 5 months.

When I did get pregnant the first time, it was right after the  first attempt since we decided to have a baby.

I can’t understand why it is taking so long to get pregnant again, considering the first time I got pregnant did not take long at all.

Looking for any guidance and help, since it is heartbreaking every month when I get my period.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: Can’t get pregnant post miscarriage
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 12:20:49 PM »
First of all, I am sorry to hear about your losses. I have had 2 and it’s absolutely heartbeaking.

It is normal to take up to a year to become pregnant so the first time you were just lucky to have caught straight away. Each cycle depending on the age we only have 20-25% chance to get pregnant that’s why it can easily to take a year. In terms of ovulation, are you actually tracking it? And i don’t mean apps. It is very possible that your fertile window has moved compared to before mc. Also, as stupid as it sounds putting pressure on ttc will prevent you from getting pregnant, so you kind of just need to let it go and not stress about it and then it will happen. I know it sounds annoying and not massively helpful but unfortunately it’s true.

Offline Parulekarsoniya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 02:21:05 PM »
Thanks for the encouraging words Angela. For predicting ovulation, other than the app, i have been looking up ovulation symptoms like cervical mucus discharge and have also been using ovulation predictor strips. I agree with you, that conception chances are 20-25% each cycle.  I will try to not stress to much and just go with the flow.

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 02:39:30 PM »
Look into tracking your bbt that will actually will tell you if you do ovulate! Even though opks predict it ovulation doesn’t always happen. Checking bbt would allow you to know for sure.

Offline Parulekarsoniya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 02:52:27 PM »
Ok, I will give the bbt a shot. Can you provide some guidance on when I should start tracking the bbt and what should I look for?

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 04:36:39 PM »
You need a specific thermometer. I don’t know where you from but you can get it in celcius and fahrenheit, just have a look on amazon. In terms of temping it has to be every morning at the same time after at least 4hr of sleep. It has to be next to you because you have to use it as soon you wake up. You can’t get up, talk or do anything as that will affect your temp. Best would be to start beginning of the cycle. You will need to make a chart with your temps, for example you can use ovia app where you enter your data and it presents you with a graph. Generally your temps are low to begin with, there can be a temp dip on ovulation day and then once you ovulate the temp has to spike and keep rising for at least 3 days to confirm ovulation. If you conceive the temp stays elevated and if you don’t it drops and period starts again. This will also allow you to see how long is your luteal phase. It needs to be at least 10days long to allow fertilised egg to implant. This is just a crash course, there is a lot of info on the internet with example charts etc. With second month you should start noticing some pattern with your cycle. It’s not the easiest thing to do but it definitely tells you a lot about your cycle. I take my temp 6am every morning (it can vary by 30min if needed sometimes) and even at weekends but then after i take it i go back to sleep lol. If you are familiar with celsius (that’s what my thermometer measures) i can tell you more about temps, if fahrenheit then i won’t know what temps to look out for.

Offline Parulekarsoniya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 06:22:57 PM »
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your guidance

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 01:24:21 AM »
You are welcome!