Author Topic: Shorter periods  (Read 102 times)

Offline TheJFamily

• View Profile
Shorter periods
« on: November 29, 2018, 04:23:48 PM »
Hi everyone, I am new here.
I am 32 and been using the period diary for a little while to monitor my cycles prior to TTC.
Normally my periods are regular and on average last 27 days. They are normally really heavy for the first few days (I.e needing to use 3 pads per day), then they lighten up after that, but I bleed for 5 days.
Hubby and I have started TTC since the beginning of October. These past few months I've had really strange periods. They start off with light pink/brown spotting for the first day, a medium to heavy bleed on the second day, then light red to pink 3rd day then nothing.
I did a pregnancy test after that strange period and it was negative.
This months period followed a similar pattern but was 2 days followed by 2 days of nothing then on day 5th a tiny amount of bleeding.

Really not sure what it is. Anyone experienced anything like this?

Offline Nicjane

• View Profile
Re: Shorter periods
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 05:19:26 AM »
They can change & for no reason, I use to always have a 28 day cycle with 7 days of bleeding, 5 heavy & 2 lighter. Now I average a 25 day cycle & I bleed for 5 days, 2 days heavy, 2 days light & 1 day spotting. But occasionally it likes to throw me & appear earlier/later or last longer/shorter.
It is normally just a normal change, the most important thing when ttc is to know when you ovulate which if you are having 27 day cycles would be around day 13-14 for you. Though because you can’t always be sure exactly which day you ovulate, I’ve always believed if your ttc the best way is a relaxed approach & to have sex every 2-3 days to cover all your bases.
Good luck

Offline TheJFamily

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 12:30:59 PM »
Thanks for your response. I just worried that it was such a big change for me. My periods have always been so consistent. I wondered if it was in connection with TTC (and hopeful I could be pregnant).

Offline Nicjane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 03:41:33 PM »
Very unlikely to be pregnancy related if it’s been a couple of periods. Some people get implantation spotting, but that would only be the month you fell. Your still having your periods regularly, they are just not lasting as long which can be perfectly normal. Keep trying & im sure it will happen so, completely normal to take up to a year to fall pregnant, so your still only in the early stages of trying
Good luck

Offline TheJFamily

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 03:17:54 AM »
Thank you. I know, I was just being hopeful. I’ve had friends that have got pregnant within a month and others that have taken over a year. I just need to take a relaxed approach to it and I am sure it’ll happen.