Author Topic: Friends and bullies  (Read 527 times)

Offline WolfGirl

• View Profile
Friends and bullies
« on: December 03, 2018, 10:59:54 AM »
So, I have this friend, let’s call her Jackie. Me and Jackie are really good friends, but recently it just seems like we’ve become less of friends, I told her that I would take her to a movie for her birthday and she goes behind my back and goes to it, and says she forgot I was taking her (she knows I just recently had to quit my job because I was harnessed, and knows I’ve been saving my money to take her). Jackie also has a friend (let’s call her Brenda), that I don’t get along with. Brenda has been mean to me since I met her, and just seems to whenever I have a friend, she pulls them away. I’m trying really hard to be better friends with Brenda, but whenever it seems like I’m making progress, she goes and says something that makes me just want to go home and cry. I’m scared of loosing Jackie as a friend because I don’t have many....what should I do?

Offline Sophie0123

• View Profile
Re: Friends and bullies
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 03:15:44 AM »
I'm no expert but I did have a similar experience. I Suggest meeting up with Jackie and confronting her about these things that she's doing (like going behind your back). Let her know how hurtful she's being and if she's a true friend then she'll apologise and perhaps explain her reasons for being so mean. If she starts being bitchy and blames something on u that u know wasn't ur fault then she isn't worth it - ur friendship or ur time. It sounds like Brenda is not a good person at all and is definitely influencing Jackie. Maybe u could tell jackie how u feel about Brenda - how she's really mean to u and is trying to push u and Jackie apart.
I went to a cafe with the girl who wasn't being a very good friend to me. I'd realised enough was enough - we'd been friends for so long I didn't want to just say "I don't want to b friends anymore" but equally I couldn't b arsed with all her bitchy behaviour. I confronted her about the mean things she was doing and she apologised. We resolved our issues and are still friends now.
I hope hope everything turns out ok 4 u, u sound like u've had a really tough time with it all :-)

Offline WolfGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:07:17 PM »
Thank you! I ended up talking to Jackie about this, and she told me that she didn’t mean to do any of that to me, and told me that she’s not even good friends with Brenda, I’ve tried to just be nicer to Brenda though, but I am in a group with her, and don’t want to have to deal with her being a jerk, so I though being nice would help her be less mean, and so I made her a scrunchie (she saw me make someone else one, and I saw how she looked at it, so I thought I would make her one), but then she didn’t even say thank you. Should I even try to be friends with Brenda anymore?

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 06:07:17 PM »

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 05:49:24 AM »
Thank you! I ended up talking to Jackie about this, and she told me that she didn’t mean to do any of that to me, and told me that she’s not even good friends with Brenda, I’ve tried to just be nicer to Brenda though, but I am in a group with her, and don’t want to have to deal with her being a jerk, so I though being nice would help her be less mean, and so I made her a scrunchie (she saw me make someone else one, and I saw how she looked at it, so I thought I would make her one), but then she didn’t even say thank you. Should I even try to be friends with Brenda anymore?

No, Brenda seems toxic! You should just stand her as she is in your same group, but I wouldn't try and get too close to her

Offline catandbook2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 07:31:52 PM »

Honestly, if she doesn't appreciate the effort you're going to, don't bother. If you don't communicate to her how your feeling your one sided relationship is just going to go on forever.