Author Topic: What can I do to prepare for an abortion?  (Read 204 times)

Offline Flowerbomb

• View Profile
What can I do to prepare for an abortion?
« on: December 10, 2018, 07:12:35 PM »
I'd be grateful for a response.
I have plenty reason to believe that i am pregnant, I've taken two tests but I definitely took them too early. I have been experiencing light pink discharge, thick, white and sticky discharge and light cramping which if my research is correct is common and normal signs of early pregnancy. Myself and my partner have already discussed whether this is an option we both mutually agreed that this is not something we're ready for. (I'm also not some scared teenager it's a level headed decision) I won't consider adoption because I couldn't live knowing my child is out there somewhere without their biological parents. I'd rather terminate asap than go into this knowing I'll be unhappy, I want the best for my future kids and I can't provide that now. Is there anything I can do to prepare myself I know its not easy, but I am very willing to accept the consequences.

Thank you in advance.

Offline WinterLover

• View Profile
Re: What can I do to prepare for an abortion?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 10:21:44 AM »
I feel like you need to reconsider your actions. This abortion you are planning to do is something that will kill your baby. Here is my question to you. Do you want to have your own child's blood on your hands?

Offline Honeydew26

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 03:57:19 AM »
I don’t know the exact situation you’re in, but if you’re able to go to a clinic and check out if you are 100% pregnant you should.

If you are pregnant than consider your options and pick the one that is for you. This is such a personal/individual thing that only your opinion and feelings should matter. If you’re not in a place to take care of a child then you can abort it and should not feel bad. Why bring a child into a home that cannot provide everything for them. I was in a place in my relationship years ago that if I was pregnant I am 99% sure I would’ve had an abortion. We’re super happy and still together all these years later. But there is no way we could have properly supported a child and been truly happy.

Adoption is hard and you need to be emotionally strong and deal with all the emotions you’ll face for years. If it’s not for you, don’t do it. And don’t feel bad for not doing it. I know a few adoption stories. Some regretted it and some didn’t.

There are support groups for women to overcome the guilt of abortion and adoption. You can google them.  You may not feel guilty right away. You may never feel guilty. And that’s normal too. There isn’t a list “normal” feelings for this kind of stuff. Whatever you’re feeling is ok.

Wishing you all the best! Do what’s best for YOU. Never be afraid to reach out and ask for help!

Offline Flowerbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 04:52:11 PM »
I feel like you need to reconsider your actions. This abortion you are planning to do is something that will kill your baby. Here is my question to you. Do you want to have your own child's blood on your hands?

I think you need to take this opinion elsewhere. Go push your beliefs on someone else, I made myself VERY clear.

Offline Flowerbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 04:53:16 PM »
I don’t know the exact situation you’re in, but if you’re able to go to a clinic and check out if you are 100% pregnant you should.

If you are pregnant than consider your options and pick the one that is for you. This is such a personal/individual thing that only your opinion and feelings should matter. If you’re not in a place to take care of a child then you can abort it and should not feel bad. Why bring a child into a home that cannot provide everything for them. I was in a place in my relationship years ago that if I was pregnant I am 99% sure I would’ve had an abortion. We’re super happy and still together all these years later. But there is no way we could have properly supported a child and been truly happy.

Adoption is hard and you need to be emotionally strong and deal with all the emotions you’ll face for years. If it’s not for you, don’t do it. And don’t feel bad for not doing it. I know a few adoption stories. Some regretted it and some didn’t.

There are support groups for women to overcome the guilt of abortion and adoption. You can google them.  You may not feel guilty right away. You may never feel guilty. And that’s normal too. There isn’t a list “normal” feelings for this kind of stuff. Whatever you’re feeling is ok.

Wishing you all the best! Do what’s best for YOU. Never be afraid to reach out and ask for help!

I know for sure now that I am, thanks for your advice x

Offline WinterLover

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 09:11:27 PM »

I think you need to take this opinion elsewhere. Go push your beliefs on someone else, I made myself VERY clear.

I am sorry but I was not pushing my beliefs on you. I was giving my advice like you asked.

Online shrinkingviolet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:19:49 AM »

I am sorry but I was not pushing my beliefs on you. I was giving my advice like you asked.

You were pushing your beliefs because you believe that a bunch of lifeless cells are already counts as a 'baby' and abortion is 'killing babies'. This is your BELIEF, as actual science notes that surprisingly a bunch of cells is not actually categorized as a formed human baby. (shocker!) So when someone asks how to prepare for an abortion (not whether she should have one!) you should either support the woman going through with such a difficult decision, or you can just sit yourself down and keep quiet. Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. It makes it true for YOU, that's all.

As for the actual topic of this thread, I support you in your decision Flowerbomb and would have made the same one! I had a friend who decided to get an abortion - she was in a loving long term relationship, had a purchased apartment, a dog, seemingly good life... but she wasn't ready. they weren't ready. she wasn't at a place in her life that she was happy with it and herself and so she had an abortion. 3 years later the two of them are engaged, with jobs they both love, a new apartment they adore, and are generally happier. For them this was the right decision, and she knew it. It doesn't mean it would be the right decision for everyone, but it was for them and that is all that matters. I hope you are doing okay!