Author Topic: Strict Parents  (Read 369 times)

Offline gudexgude

• View Profile
Strict Parents
« on: December 13, 2018, 07:49:44 AM »
I am 19 and live at home. So I've been seeing this guy for 6 months and I really like him. He is my first boyfriend and we have had sex however I have not told my mum (I usually tell her everything, I want to tell her but I'm afraid of what she will say (she's fairly strict)). I wanted to spend New Years with him at a music festival but my brother (who is also going with his friends) hates him (for no reason), and my parents are EXTREMELY mad and don't want me to be in the same tent as my boyfriend. I understand they are protective because I'm their kiddo! But I don't know what to do. They want my boyfriend to either not go (he's already paid for his tickets) or me not go. I don't really know what to say/ how to change their minds so that we can both go and enjoy ourselves. How do you deal with strict parents?

Offline Periodstuff

• View Profile
Re: Strict Parents
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »
If you’re 19 you’re an adult? Do you work or go to school or what?

Offline JustPeachy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 09:26:09 PM »
If you still live at home and are supported by your parents I think you should respect their wishes. I’m sure they have reasons for what they are telling you to do or not do even if they’re reasons you may not agree with.
When I was 20/21 and in college (living on campus an 8 hr drive from my folks) my mother told me I couldn’t go somewhere I wanted to one weekend (also involved seeing a guy), and I stayed on campus and missed it. She wouldn’t have even known if I didn’t listen, but I did anyway because my parents were still supporting me and I respected that she still had authority over me and knew what was best

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 09:26:09 PM »

Offline LinkleBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 05:27:41 AM »
Well if all your family hates him, are you sure it's for no reason at all?
How about going with him and your brother?