Author Topic: Is pregnancy still possible?  (Read 556 times)

Offline Nicolette30

• View Profile
Is pregnancy still possible?
« on: December 16, 2018, 04:55:09 PM »
I haven’t exactly  been trying to conceive, but I’ve been paying more attention to my cycle, in the hopes that we would. Before I start, a few facts about me.. I’m 30.. I’m pretty overweight, but in the last 2 years alive lost 50lbs. I have regular cycles. I’ve never missed one before. I had my period Nov 11-18. We had sex on the 24th -25th overnight, which according to my app the 25th was my ovulation day. Didn’t plan it, it just kind of happened. But that was it . We didn’t really have much sex last month. Now here I am, 5 days late for my period of the first time ever. I have waves of nausea throughout the day- but I don’t puke. I have on and off lower back cramps that feel like my period coming but it doesn’t start. No achy boobs. Clear blue digital Pregnancy test was negative today. Is it worth me re-testing later? Or are my chances too slim?

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
Re: Is pregnancy still possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 05:11:21 PM »
Well done on the weight loss! Digital tests are not as sensitive but being 5 days late you should be getting positive on any test. Going forward if this cycle is not lucky, do not ever trust an app about your ovulation. It doesn’t know your body and predicts ovulation date on general dates. Watch out for fertile mucus and if you don’t want to track ovulation have regular sex (every 2-3 days). Each one of us only have got 20% each cycle that’s if both healthy. If there is anything that can and does affect health the chances drop.

Offline Nicolette30

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 05:28:14 PM »
Well done on the weight loss! Digital tests are not as sensitive but being 5 days late you should be getting positive on any test. Going forward if this cycle is not lucky, do not ever trust an app about your ovulation. It doesn’t know your body and predicts ovulation date on general dates. Watch out for fertile mucus and if you don’t want to track ovulation have regular sex (every 2-3 days). Each one of us only have got 20% each cycle that’s if both healthy. If there is anything that can and does affect health the chances drop.

Yeah, I think you’re right but this is totally abnormal for me because I’ve been usuing the same app for a couple years and usually it’s right on Target. I assume I would see fertile mucus around my ovulation time, what does it normally look like? I guess I’ll make a doctors appt to get checked out because I’ve never missed a period before. This is so weird, I really hope I’m not becoming infertile already!

Period Diary Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 05:28:14 PM »

Offline AngelaFox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:20:30 AM »
It would look like egg whites! And the cycles go to tits once you start ttc lol. Even if you don’t stress all of the sudden it is late etc etc. Also most of us are regular until the cycle changes. Your app can be correct for predicting period but not ovulation. I had exactly the same issue, my app was correct for period and assumed that ovulation would of been like as per book. Only realised it once used opks and measured bbt.